November 23, 2017, 04:19:46 AM

Author Topic: blowgun?  (Read 2318 times)

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
blowgun?
« on: March 14, 2004, 12:09:55 PM »
has anyone ever hunted with a blowgun? i just made a 6 1/2' blowgun .62 cal and i was just wanting to see if anyone else has one or hunts with one?
i love shootin squirrel in the head

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
blowgun?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 10:05:24 PM »
A blowgun?????  You've got WAY too much time on your hands!  You need to find a place to squirrel hunt this spring, otherwise I fear it may be detrimental to your health if you don't! :-&   I can feel your pain!  I didn't get to kill anything today :( .  Not that I didn't try, but a 200 yd shot with a .17 is kinda' difficult (especially when you haven't practiced that far!).

But to answer your question, no, I haven't tried a blowgun.  Besides, unless you use poison-tipped darts (which are illegal), you probably wouldn't bring anything down with it, unless it was pretty small (just barely enough to "make the skillet stink").
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
blowgun?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 02:31:21 PM »
i know i have way to much time on my hands............im 14 with no job cant drive dont have a way to get out fishing or hunting my mom and sister arnt outdoors people

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
blowgun?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 07:39:12 PM »
Get your mom to get you a tape measure, miter box, hand saw, cordless drill, hammer, and some screw driver bits for the drill.  Get some pine boards, nails, and screws and make bluebird houses and wood duck boxes.  You could sell the bluebird houses around the neighborhood to make some extra cash, and contact a sportsmans club or two and sell them the wood duck boxes.  I've got plans on how to make them for both of those, as well as bunch more if you're interested.  You could also make some bat houses!  They're pretty cool and they keep insects down in the area.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
blowgun?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 02:30:29 PM »
yea i would like to have the plans i got all the tools

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
blowgun?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 05:38:16 PM »
Hey B.C., if you wouldn't mind, I would like to have a copy of those plans also....  I'd be interested in biulding some for around my house...
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline john

blowgun hunting
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 09:09:51 AM »
backin the army we got some tubing from the motor pool,seems like it was about 1/4 inch inside diameter. we used about a six foot length. madedarts fromcoat hanger wire with a cone of duct tape on the back end that just fit in the tube. sharpened the tips on the sidewalk. the darts were about 8 or ten inches long. we hunted rattlers with them and had some fine BBQ. got so we could nail them in the head pretty steady

Facebook Comments