December 17, 2017, 01:17:41 AM

Author Topic: Future bow hunter  (Read 547 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Future bow hunter
« on: November 19, 2005, 09:30:57 PM »
Once Beckaboo passed her hunter ed test, I e-mailed the state game people asking if she would qualify for an exemption that would allow her to use a crossbow for archery season instead of a long/compound bow. I explained she was 5ft nuthin, barely 100 lbs and a 45 lb bow ( most hunters and some states concider this the min) is very nearly half her body wieght. I know very few people that could use a bow half their weight. Her doctors don't expect her to get any bigger.
 Their responce was to send an exemption form and a note to have her doctor sign it, then she's good to go. Wow they have a heart after all. We're pumped over this.

I got a new bowhunting buddy. :) Just gotta find a crossbow for her.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Future bow hunter
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 05:47:53 AM »
Good for them and you.I know a lot of bow hunters that foam at the mouth when you mention a cross bow,but they are an option to consider for a lot of people.I have to use one after it gets cold.My shoulders simply won't allow me to draw any of my bows in the cold. They are just one more tool to get more people out of the house and into the woods. Everyone deserves the chance to get out and get the stink blowed of now and then
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 08:51:18 AM »
That's great news, MO!  O0 O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 11:23:11 AM »
That is totally awesome.  I am very happy for her and you.  O0

Beckaboo "The Crossbow Toting Female Whitetail Super Sniper"  :twisted:

I can't wait to see the pictures of the first kill. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 11:19:25 PM »
A friend will loan us his Barnett Commando. It's 175 pound pull but is also unique in the fact that it folds in half to draw/cock it. It doesn't take nearly that much effort.
 It's getting a little late in the season to try to line up a hunt. Holidays in retail is an insane time. I just wanted to get the paperwork out of the way and set a precedent(sp.)
 Next summer we'll be target practicing and looking for her own crossbow. Also gonna keep working with the light compound to improve her strength. It's going to be a full summer. Teaching her to shoot bow, crossbow, rifle, shotgun, maybe even pistol.
 Right now we're going to concentrate on shotgun and maybe airgun for squirrels. Depends on where we get permission to hunt.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments