December 16, 2017, 09:24:39 PM

Author Topic: Cajun squirrel  (Read 1838 times)

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Cajun squirrel
« on: March 16, 2004, 05:45:17 PM »
I have heard about a recipe for cajun squirrel, it's basicly a spicy stew... but I can't find the actual recipe... Can anyone help me out???

Also if any one has a good recipe for a larger meal with fish, or squirrel meat I would be interested.  I'm looking for something that will serve 4-5 hungry people.
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Cajun squirrel
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 08:13:32 PM »
About the best squirrel recipe that I've got that will feed a bunch of people is "squirrel & noodles".  Take several squirrels (depending upon how meaty you want the stuff), put them in a crock pot with a big can or two of chicken broth and a quarted up onion and garlic and some poultry seasoning.  Cook the squirrel until the meat is coming off of the bone.  When it's done, take the squirrel and onion out and let it cool.  While doing this, put some egg noodles in a pan and bring to a boil (or rather, bring the water to a boil first and then add the noodles).  Pull all of the squirrel off of the bone and throw the onion and garlic away (not needed anymore).  Tear the squirrel up so that the pieces aren't too big.  After the noodles get about 3/4 of the way done, drain the water off of them.  Put them in the crock pot, with the squirrel and add some parsley.  Let this cook for a while in the crock pot until the noodles are done and most of the liquid is absorbed (or evaporated).

It'll make your tongue smack your brains loose!!! :D  :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Cajun squirrel
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 11:37:52 PM »
Thanks B.C. I appreciate it.... and I will take any others that anyone will volunteer.
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Facebook Comments