November 19, 2017, 07:28:57 AM

Author Topic: Flintlock question  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Emmett

• Emmett's web site
Flintlock question
« on: December 09, 2005, 11:35:43 AM »
I won a Thompson Center Firestorm (50 cal) a couple of years ago and have yet to fire it (yes I am embarrassed out that  :-[ ). My question is what are the articles that I should put in my "possibles bag" . There seem to be a lot of choices out there. I think I'm sold on the plasic speed loaders that can hold a premeasured amount of powder. Can you guys give me some other tips? This season's a bust but I'm trying to expand my opportunities to get into the field beyond the regular rifle season for deer. With two small kids and SWMBO, I need to take advantage of any chance I get! I'm sure other minivan owning members of the board can relate!!!

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Flintlock question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 07:13:52 PM »
I bow to you and hand the semi sharp poking stick to ya.. hehehhe ok lets see.. in my possables bag, ok i shoot both P-cap and flintlock so....   

2 speedloaders, i preload the night before with just powder
1 extra flint in old P-cap tin, one tin full (new every season) P-caps
1- small plastic bottle of powder (non static plastic)
10 pre lubed maxi-balls in a screw on top plastic chew can
2 ball starters  one is plastic T-type one wooden ball type
1 screw type ball remover
one flintlock multitool (key ring type has small screwdriver flashole pick and a brush)
one nipple pick

but i also carry a few things like the gerber multi tool in the pocket and such, but you can toss that into your bag too...

I made the bag myself from a pattern i have here out of leather, (was cheaper than buying one) and also made my own nipple pick  out of a couple spent brass a guitar string and some hot glue... works great and looks good too, so thats what i carry

when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments