November 19, 2017, 11:10:38 AM

Author Topic: Redneck Woman gets her Elk  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Redneck Woman

• Redneck Woman~
Redneck Woman gets her Elk
« on: December 17, 2005, 11:06:46 AM »

Just wanted everyone to know Thank you for all the advice on Elk hunting and that I got drawn for the controlled hunt in Oklahoma at the Witcha Mountains and I downed  her from 100 yard shot 1 kill after I field dressed her she weighed in at 321...Thanks guys..We are in the photo album.....Thanks again....Barbi

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Redneck Woman gets her Elk
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 11:17:05 AM »
let me be the first to say    NICE!!!!!!! congrats red!! well done there!!!   O0 O0 O0
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:36:22 PM »
Good going, Red! That onery Morax beat me to it, again.  :wink: O0So, please tell us more about your elk hunt.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 05:39:45 PM by John Andrews »
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 03:10:50 AM »
Way to go I would love to get a chance to hunt elk
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Redneck Woman

• Redneck Woman~
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 11:11:48 AM »

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!! Could of not field dressed it without researching this site. Never dressed a Elk but just staying with the 3 day hunt 15 hours a day out in the cold to come home with a trophy and the looks I got in orientation cause the 70 guys had that.... she is to pretty and she'll never get one...lol...out of the 3 women that got drawn I was the only and to top it my shot was perfect and she dropped and most everyone had to use 2 shots to get them down. So you guys were supportive here and not against a woman hunter. I'll be back to post my deer.... thanks again guys.....Barbi

Offline Morax

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 11:14:48 AM »

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!! Could of not field dressed it without researching this site. Never dressed a Elk but just staying with the 3 day hunt 15 hours a day out in the cold to come home with a trophy and the looks I got in orientation cause the 70 guys had that.... she is to pretty and she'll never get one...lol...out of the 3 women that got drawn I was the only and to top it my shot was perfect and she dropped and most everyone had to use 2 shots to get them down. So you guys were supportive here and not against a woman hunter. I'll be back to post my deer.... thanks again guys.....Barbi

boy those guys musta been real idiots... we all here know it is the pretty ones that are the most dangerous!!!

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 12:01:47 PM »
I just checked out the picture and the post. O0  Sincere congratulations. ;D  Way to go!  O0

You gonna get that baby mounted?  If so, you may want to talk to Lady-T for advise. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Redneck Woman

• Redneck Woman~
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 11:27:42 PM »

more on my elk... it was a 100 yard shot got her with a 30-06 Ruger with AccuBond 180 gr. Trailled her for a while and when the shot was good I took a knee and shot off  the other knee. never had to round another in the chamber. Really sinking in now that it was not a dream... I got email from the guide who dropped us off every morning and he said I was his most patient hunter, with desire to get what I came for and he said I was his "best hunter" for 2005 and coming from him was the biggest compliment of all. My heart still beats fast when I think about it. Well hope to be back last of Dec with deer pics...Thanks guys....Barbi

Offline Morax

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 07:20:17 AM »
well that makes it even better red! you darn sure should be proud, and even doubly proud after recieving that email! well done, BUT after close inspection of the photo again...... if ya keep that up... think yer gonna need a bigger truck.... so now wheres the steaks you promised us all???

good job you definatly deserve a big pat on the back for it!   O0 O0

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 08:21:47 AM »
Did I hear Wild Meat for food, ahhhhhh thanks Morax my mouth is watering, my stomach making this funny noise  :-[  ??? .

Nice looking Elk Red, hope you the best of luck on your up coming deer hunt.  O0
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Facebook Comments