December 11, 2017, 10:22:37 AM

Author Topic: Waterfowl  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Whitetail870

• Applied for my club membership...
  • me after a good goose hunt
Waterfowl
« on: December 18, 2005, 11:56:36 PM »
Ok, I play paintball at this field in this town called hamshire, il anyway there is alot  of farms in the area and i really want to do some goose hunting. Do you guys think it would be weired to go up to the farms and ask if i can hunt? If so what do you think i should do. Also if you have done this tell what worked and what didnt.

Thanks alot guys,
                                             whitetail870
keep your friends close and your guns closer!

To better understand history is to understand the gun!

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Waterfowl
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 06:44:22 AM »
Ok, I play paintball at this field in this town called hamshire, il anyway there is alot  of farms in the area and i really want to do some goose hunting. Do you guys think it would be weired to go up to the farms and ask if i can hunt? If so what do you think i should do. Also if you have done this tell what worked and what didnt.

Thanks alot guys,
                                             whitetail870

of course dont go up after spending the day gutting  and butchering.. but yes go up and ask!! whats the worst could happen?? intro yourself, right off, give the basics  who you are where you are from and what you are there for, of course it is the farmers home turf, but this also opens a dialogue with him/her to allow you get into a more specific convo.. make sure you tell of affiliations with local gun/hunting clubs, how long you have hunted, etc. this gives the land owner a sense of what kind of person you are... almost forgot the most important thing, a lot of farm owners are still simple life folks  nothing beats a good handshake...and when you go back to accually hunt get owner to sign a paper that states you do have permission to do so.. and when yer done either ask if they want some or leave a couple at his door for the use of the property... (definatly gets you back there a second time)

i have done this a few times and it seems to work well..

when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 09:52:30 AM »
What Morax said, plus...It may help to ask before hunting season starts.  That way you can offer to lend a helping hand on the property: help fix a fence, offer to help put up hay, offer to be a laborer for him, etc.  I am not saying to work 40 hours a week or anything, but say hey, I am not doing anything this coming Saturday, if you need a hand with something, give me a call.  That way you build a friendship and he or she can see you are interested in them as well as their property.  Plus, from doing a few chores, you learn the lay of the land and you can pick up some insight to game patterns.  Through conversation, the farmer may say, turkey are here every morning, deer are here every evening, squirrels come into the barn every time I harvest this, there are snapping turtles in my ponds, etc.  Also, you may receive some of the benefits of the farm in the form of fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, milk, etc.  Getting in good with a farmer can potentially help more than just your hunting.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 10:00:14 AM »
mad, once again you pick the ball up and run hard with it buddy
!! nicely put!!

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:05:48 PM »
mad, once again you pick the ball up and run hard with it buddy
!! nicely put!!

Thanks, I have my momments.  :)
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 12:44:57 PM »
Thanks, I have my momments. :)

Aren't the miracles of medications amazing???  ^-^ ;D :twisted:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 01:46:20 PM »
Thanks, I have my momments. :)

Aren't the miracles of medications amazing???  ^-^ ;D :twisted:

Medications = Weekends, Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Beer, and Bourbon  O0 :twisted: ;D

Offline Morax

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 02:11:40 PM »
hahahhaha tweeking them meds helps out wonders i tell ya!! but seriously sometimes my brain goes faster than the fingers/mouth even and i loose things... its nice that mad being basically same general area and all he can (and does) pick right up where i am going and coherantly relay info...... :shock:

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 02:32:38 PM »
Yep, us Picksburgers know whats we talkin' about an'at.  The rest of yinz guys just wont ever get it an'at. Unless you ever eaten a pirogie, after slinging someone with a gumband, who was eatin your Clark Bar after helping you red up yer room, yinz guys just won't get it an'at.  Then after dat yinz head dhan Sout Side and get a yard and forget bout the whole mess, then head up yer buddies haus for an Iron.

God Help Me, even I forget how irritating Pittburghees is at times.

Offline Morax

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 03:52:13 PM »
hahahahha i bet that took way too long to type out and know people out there are still trying to read it sayin "WHA?" ??? ??? ??? O0

Facebook Comments