December 14, 2017, 04:56:37 AM

Author Topic: didnt wanna screw up the how to clean area with ranting  (Read 3996 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
didnt wanna screw up the how to clean area with ranting
« on: December 23, 2005, 07:10:51 PM »
so i put it in here...

G.P. that bunny cleaning how to is the best i have ever seen someone explain, photo, demonstrate in my life!!  you do that kinda stuff for a living? if not you have definatly missed your calling!! wow now thats how them instruction manual peoples need to be! excellant work!!  THANKS!   now to just get the bunnys....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: didnt wanna screw up the how to clean area with ranting
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 07:46:38 PM »
Thanks Morax - We're glad you like it.   That method is thanks to our buddy Ellwoodjake - he's quite the bunny slayer.  I'm hoping he can take a look at it and tweak anything that I goofed up.  Now - go get to bunny pilin' !!!   :twisted: :twisted:

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Morax

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 07:57:53 PM »
well then both you and elwood deserve seriousl kudos !!!  very well done!!

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 10:33:28 PM »
I made a few modifications this evening for clarity. Hope this helps some. It can be difficult to do a "how to" from the perspective of someone who doesn't know "how to"  :-[ GP did an excellent job with the original dialog, but then again, he already knows "how to." If there's anything that isn't clear to you folks, or something you see that a novice might not be cool with, let me or GP know and we'll try to make it even more understandable. I do what I can to aid my countrymen  in the consumption of bunnies. Millions of North American predators can't be wrong ;D
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 12:13:29 AM »
I think we've discussed this before, but is it safe to give the rabbit remains to the dogs? Also, do you gut the rabbit first, or do you just get your meat?
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 12:40:51 AM »
KS,  there's no substitute for regular worming of your dogs. Most parasites do come from the innards. I try to gut my bunnies in the field to make them easier to carry, and I try to sling the guts up high in the bushes, but they do occasionally drop off, and the dogs find them on the way back to the truck. As far as dressing the rabbit, it doesn't matter if he's gutted or not, the process is the same. Also, in my case, denying the dogs any bunny parts would be futile at best. Several times a season, a rabbit will get hit, but still make it to the exact geographic center of the most inpenetratable briers known to man. When this happens, the last thing you will see from your bunny will be his ears sticking from both sides of a dogs mouth when he emerges to go looking for another one. When I hear the rabbit squeal and hear the ensuing dogfight, there is no doubt about the fate of my prize. And who can blame them, after all they did "catch" it. ;D At the end of the season, I give them all a good dose and then follow it up 10 days later to get rid of any any eggs that may be left behind. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 12:53:26 AM by ellwoodjake »
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 06:34:57 AM »
That's good advice from a world class bunny blaster, our own Ellwoodjake. O0 It reminds me to worm my dogs during this warmer weather we are having right now. I like to tie the dogs out as much as I can during decent weather, especially just after a de-worm dose.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 10:26:13 PM »
My dog gets loose from the house occasionally, and usually just goes around the neighbors and terrorize other dogs chained up... the other night he came home smelling like a month old gut pile, and puked on my step kids jeans on christmas eve...LOL... anyway this topic reminds me that maybe I could get any home remedies for things he could catch. I'm planning to feed him somespicy chicken tenders, I heard spicy food for dogs gets rid of worms...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline john

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 07:38:33 AM »
i once explained very carefully to a hunting buddy the technique of slitting a little hole in the belly of a rabbit, then snapping him like a whip so all his inards would fly out nice and neat without having to touch them,,,, he was a bit squeemish aabout such things. i did neglect to tell him when the guts come out they will be on a tragictory which  will land them approximately at the center of your head.  lol never saw a man puke so much so fast.

Offline Morax

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 08:39:09 AM »
why do i get the feeling the forgotten  flight path was NOT accidental???  hahahhah

Facebook Comments