October 20, 2017, 12:25:19 PM

Author Topic: didnt wanna screw up the how to clean area with ranting  (Read 3948 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: didnt wanna screw up the how to clean area with ranting
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 10:00:12 AM »
An old hunting pal and I were hunting rabbits years ago when he told me of a brilliant idea he heard of. What you do is squeeze the rabbit guts out of its poop hole and it makes them much lighter to carry. We did that to the bunch of rabbits and later headed home. Well, it did make them much lighter to carry, but you can imagine all the nasty nasty inside the body cavity. True, most of the guts pass out of the hole, but you have exploded guts that are forced out of the exit hole.  :shock:Whew, what a smell! :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 12:08:27 PM »
friend of mine told me to make a small cut and do a "shock drop"  act like yer throwing them down hard but stop so everything keeps going...  and i thought that would get messy  :shock:
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline john

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 02:48:56 PM »
yep that works,,, just not near as much fun as telling them to snap it like a whip.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 03:52:18 PM »
Didn't we discuss cleaning them by using an air compressor and about 20,000 PSI?  :twisted:
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 04:25:13 PM »
naw that was skinning tree rats the easy way  you know furry balloons O0

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 06:08:14 PM »
I think tha I will have to try the furry ballon thing . Tree rats are the worst to skin.
All who resist will die

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 08:03:43 PM »
O.k. guys, the hit counter keeps climbing. Looks like there may be a little interest here. What else would you guys like to see disassembled?  Myself, I would like to see a turkey demoed, Any takers this spring. BC Maybe? I've still got a little time this season. hopefully, I can fly another grouse or two. That's the only other thing in season here.  I think I still remember how to clean one.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Morax

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 09:15:14 PM »
O.k. guys, the hit counter keeps climbing. Looks like there may be a little interest here. What else would you guys like to see disassembled?  Myself, I would like to see a turkey demoed, Any takers this spring. BC Maybe? I've still got a little time this season. hopefully, I can fly another grouse or two. That's the only other thing in season here.  I think I still remember how to clean one.

heheh you will like this one.. 3 yrs ago i was able to bag 2 grouse.. got em home, had to call my mommy... ok now what do i do with them hahah   she told me how to do it, and they came right clean real quick.. not too bad of a mess either! cooked one as a "game bird" (roasted it) other one i did a canning to the meat and sent it out to my uncle in utah, so he did have some home food before he passed..

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 08:40:18 PM »
I meant to take pictures of the cleaning of one of the turkeys this past spring and forgot to! :-[  I'll "document" it this spring! O0  Plucking one is for the "birds"!  It'll cover either breasting one out and taking the legs and thighs, or just skinning one whole, hopefully both will be possible.  After that, when it warms up, I'll get some pictures of the "easy way" to clean catfish.  Then this coming fall, I'll document the field dressing and skinning of a deer.

In between all of this, I'll also try to get some pictures of skinning and quartering a cat and/or a muskrat for the frying pan! O0 :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Korean&Proud

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 09:49:19 PM »
That would be awesome B58.  hopefully Ill be able to head out this march for some turkey myself!

K&P
Heres My Signature

Facebook Comments