October 23, 2017, 12:20:08 AM

Author Topic: What bow????  (Read 3756 times)

Offline DeathWind

What bow????
« on: December 26, 2005, 03:53:11 PM »
Im sure this has already been asked,  but what bow does everyone shoot?

Thanks.
When I release my arrow Death is in the Wind!

Throw a dart at a map and go there!  Get the tires muddy on the suv.  Trade a hot shower for a plunge in a cold stream.  Take your kids camping and jury-rig a shelter,  Saw kindling from downed trees,  Reel-in breakfast and show them that survival isn't about fleeing from some cyborg on a video screen!

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: What bow????
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 05:59:28 PM »
n\dont shoot one. but own 3
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline DeathWind

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 11:10:16 PM »
OK Morax,  I have to ask. 

Which 3 do you own?  And why dont you shoot?  (not sure if your being serious or a smart@ss) :wink:

When I release my arrow Death is in the Wind!

Throw a dart at a map and go there!  Get the tires muddy on the suv.  Trade a hot shower for a plunge in a cold stream.  Take your kids camping and jury-rig a shelter,  Saw kindling from downed trees,  Reel-in breakfast and show them that survival isn't about fleeing from some cyborg on a video screen!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 01:24:32 AM »
I shoot a Proline compound. I got it after the tailgate on my pickup flopped open, spilling my bowcase and it's contents out somewhere along the way home from hunting. At the time the Proline bows were only sold through bow shops and the quality was great. Now all the bow shops are gone and it's tough to find even a mediocre bowsmith.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 06:09:30 AM »
Warm weather  High Country after it gets cold a Horton (gasp) crossgun
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Morax

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 08:43:55 AM »
OK Morax,  I have to ask. 

Which 3 do you own?  And why dont you shoot?  (not sure if your being serious or a smart@ss) :wink:

ummm i know one is a older bear compund donno what "model" ummm the other one is an old recurve, but is usable for hunting (draw weight is legeal) and the 3rd on i think is a deerslayer, but unsure aint touched that one in months.. i never got into bow hunting that much accually, i know how to and used to target with them, the daughter is a pretty good shot with a bow accually., i just never had the umph to "just do it" i guess...

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 12:29:01 PM »
I have a High Country Excalibur Compound Bow; that is about to be tuned and made ready for the next season.  I haven't archery hunted for several years, but the time has come to start up again. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 02:56:23 PM »
I have a High Country Excalibur Compound Bow; that is about to be tuned and made ready for the next season.  I haven't archery hunted for several years, but the time has come to start up again. O0
seeing the redneck brothers outfits have anything to do with this decision?

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 03:44:34 PM »
seeing the redneck brothers outfits have anything to do with this decision?

Maybe a little, but it has been a long time coming. :twisted:
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline sunsetluvr45

• My first deer!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 04:58:29 PM »
Don't shoot one yet but due to a very bad shoulder and arm break last year I am in the process of getting approved for a crossbow. ( I have tried to use a regular bow but the arm won't allow it.)  Does anyone have any advise on using one or any particular brand?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Smile, make someone happy!!

Facebook Comments