October 23, 2017, 10:19:57 PM

Author Topic: What bow????  (Read 3758 times)

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: What bow????
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 11:34:59 AM »
High Country H.C.A. vibra flex armor...just picked it up used last year, I love it. though this was my first year bow hunting I choked on a nice buck and hit a damn tree... i should have tried at a doe or two I seen during the bow season but I had my heart set on a buck for  my first bow season... maybe next year when I will hunt the rut much harder...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 12:56:58 PM »
I shoot a Onidea Phantom set at 72 lbs. Have killed everythin from rabbit to black bear with it . It is the flatest shooting bow i have ever owned.
All who resist will die

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 02:12:47 PM »
I always wanted one of them Onieda bows. They look like some sort of assault weapon. I heard they can be real noisey tho. Any probs ?
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline DeathWind

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 08:39:56 PM »
Nice variety.

I tell you,  Im all about bowhunting,  been bow hunting for more years than I care to count....Its nice to see a nice variety of bows.

Thanks Morax,  for elabortaing more :)

Keep at it Meat Hunter,  you'll connect O0

When I release my arrow Death is in the Wind!

Throw a dart at a map and go there!  Get the tires muddy on the suv.  Trade a hot shower for a plunge in a cold stream.  Take your kids camping and jury-rig a shelter,  Saw kindling from downed trees,  Reel-in breakfast and show them that survival isn't about fleeing from some cyborg on a video screen!

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 08:31:48 AM »
Nice variety.

I tell you,  Im all about bowhunting,  been bow hunting for more years than I care to count....Its nice to see a nice variety of bows.

i dont remember what setup it was, mad help me out here, but my brother in law has a sweet little set up, fiber optics, leather seats, you know the full deal really nice, now if i had a set up something like that i would probably get out and pointy stick a few deer but maybe next year...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 09:44:45 AM »
I no longer bow hunt, except for bowfishing. I have an old Whitetail that does the job. I used to bowhunt deer and bear with an old Browning recurve, but I don't know what ever happened to that bow.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 04:36:16 PM »
Nice variety.

i dont remember what setup it was, mad help me out here, but my brother in law has a sweet little set up, fiber optics, leather seats, you know the full deal really nice, now if i had a set up something like that i would probably get out and pointy stick a few deer but maybe next year...

Morax, I don't remember the exact set-up, but I do remember it was Big $$$$$$
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 01:21:26 AM »
I've got a PSE Mach Flight 4R that I used to use for hunting.  Haven't used it in about 3-4 years now.  Amazing what a torn rotator cuff will keep you from doing! :'(  I plan on getting my shoulder cut on next month sometime, but I'm still probably going to get a crossbow to hunt with.  Archery screwed my shoulder up to start with.  Once I get it fixed, I don't want it to happen again!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 07:50:22 AM »
I've got a PSE Mach Flight 4R that I used to use for hunting.  Haven't used it in about 3-4 years now.  Amazing what a torn rotator cuff will keep you from doing! :'(  I plan on getting my shoulder cut on next month sometime, but I'm still probably going to get a crossbow to hunt with.  Archery screwed my shoulder up to start with.  Once I get it fixed, I don't want it to happen again!
well 58, thoughts will be with ya when ya go under.. hope ya come out with more than ya went under with, at the ripe age of 25 they wanted to rebuild the knee here, but couldnt give me any better numbers on it so i decined.. i know since you said the bow caused it  we can sue the bow manuf. and use that money to buy hunting land (reverse peta and anti gun idiots) ya know!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 08:47:19 AM »
yea *smirking and rubbing my shoulder* I think my shoulder is starting to hurt. I'll go in on that land deal...

well 58, thoughts will be with ya when ya go under.. hope ya come out with more than ya went under with, at the ripe age of 25 they wanted to rebuild the knee here, but couldnt give me any better numbers on it so i decined.. i know since you said the bow caused it  we can sue the bow manuf. and use that money to buy hunting land (reverse peta and anti gun idiots) ya know!!
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments