Author Topic: Carp killers  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Squirrel Commander

• Gut Pile Club Member
Carp killers
« on: December 29, 2005, 03:38:31 PM »
Does anybody here fish with or know people that fish for carp with Boilies? I have seen fishing shows where they are catching them left and right, but i wanted to see if anybody has any first hand experience with them. How well do they work? Thanks, and remember (sorry gutpiles i am stealing this)
Freinds Dont Let Freinds go Vegan.
One shot, make 'em drop like a rock.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Carp killers
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 09:50:47 AM »
We used to make homemade doughballs using Wheaties and sometimes cornflakes. I think the bait you are talking about is an English invention that works very well.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Korean&Proud

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 11:40:41 AM »
I use homemade dough balls for carp and catfish all the time.  hasnt failed me yet!  all yah need is vanilla extract and fresh bread, lol add vanilla and mash bread till... well dough-y.

K&P
Heres My Signature

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 12:05:58 PM »
I use homemade dough balls for carp and catfish all the time.  hasnt failed me yet!  all yah need is vanilla extract and fresh bread, lol add vanilla and mash bread till... well dough-y.

K&P

K&P - Where have you been?  Good to see you are back.  How's life been treating you?  Hows the hunting going?
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 10:24:48 AM »
 ;DWe have never tried Dough. Hmmmmmmmm! We use corn and worms a lot. The best is we can SNAG them here ( most places)now thats a kick, a 20lb carp hooked sideways, man what a fight!!!!!!!!
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 11:05:44 AM »
We used to snag spoonbill cats and would snag an occasional carp. Yep, a big fish snagged in the side or tail snagged is a real battle. Where we snag below a river dam is home to some huge fish. once in a while we would strike a big fish and would have silver dollar sized scales  :shock:on our hooks, but never could really get a hook set into one of those huge carp. The really huge carp are armored pretty good. When we tried larger snagging hooks, we would just get snagged on bottom debris,and lose our snagging hooks. We would then go back to being disapponted with only scales and smaller fish, along with our spoonbills with smaller hooks.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments