October 23, 2017, 10:20:57 PM

Author Topic: New Contest Honors America's 'Ugliest' Deer Stands  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
New Contest Honors America's 'Ugliest' Deer Stands
« on: December 30, 2005, 09:25:10 AM »
WEST POINT, MS—Southern Outdoor Technologies, makers of the Sportsman's Condo, announced the beginning of a new contest designed to find the "Ugliest Deer Stand in America." The contest will run from Jan. 1, 2006-Oct. 31, 2006.

For more information, or to submit a photo of your deer stand, click on http://www.ugliestdeerstandinamerica.com/ 

The winner of the "Ugliest Deer Stand in America" contest will be announced in November, 2006, and will receive a 3-day hunting trip at the Roost Hunting Lodge & Preserve in Aliceville, Alabama, along with other prizes.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: New Contest Honors America's 'Ugliest' Deer Stands
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 09:29:48 AM »
it dont say does this also cover the person in the stand too or just the structure?  heck gimme half i will climb a tree and let ya snap a picture that would win something hah
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 12:09:23 PM »
it dont say does this also cover the person in the stand too or just the structure?  heck gimme half i will climb a tree and let ya snap a picture that would win something hah

HEY that looks like my stand in that there site.
Morax, you mean you got me sleeping in my stand too?  :-[  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 12:15:47 PM by MARLIN »
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 02:16:34 PM »
I hate to admit it, but I think one of them is one I abondoned years ago. Gonna have to send that link to the guy that helped build it to see what he says.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 11:30:34 PM »
I'm going to have to take a ride on the 4-wheeler when it gets a little drier around here.  Several years ago, I ran across one of the ugliest examples of modern neandertho construction I've ever seen!  The person that hunted out of it dang near had to be a contortionist to get up into it and hunt out of it! ???  The only problem is that it's in an area that is REALLY tough to get to.  I'll probably have to get my brothers 4 WD 4-wheeler to get to it now, because I now the road has deteriorated since I was last up there.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline john

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 08:12:40 AM »
my buddies nominated me for this,,, till they realised it was the ugly "stand" not the guy in it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 12:20:57 PM »
Pushing this one back up.  Be sure to help spread the word to everyone about this!  It will be an awesome package for someone!   O0
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline biteme

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 02:29:26 PM »
I'd say. That's a pretty fair award they offer.
Makes me wanna go out and build a ugly
stand just to get in the contest.
A Photo thief owns this forum

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 11:22:08 AM »
If you guys send in your pics, let us know.  It should be fun to see what turns up. 

(Mad said that Morax tried to take a picture of the passenger seat of his truck, but "road" stands
were disqualified).   :roll:

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 02:48:04 PM »
If you guys send in your pics, let us know.  It should be fun to see what turns up. 

(Mad said that Morax tried to take a picture of the passenger seat of his truck, but "road" stands
were disqualified).   :roll:

hehheh  so true so true hahah

on the flip side i know of a hunting camo in lycomming county (spelling on that one ha) thats got glass windows/electric/space heater/ its a rednecks dream! no ladder climb thing got steps running....
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments