November 21, 2017, 08:43:59 AM

Author Topic: PLOTT DAYS  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Meat Hunter

• Head Shots ONLY
PLOTT DAYS
« on: December 30, 2005, 09:44:38 AM »
ANYONE  GOT THE LOCATION AND DATES FOR PLOTT DAYS 2006? THANKS
Havin' fun at the expense of others!

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
Re: PLOTT DAYS
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 09:20:25 PM »
I thought that they sprayed for plotts years ago didnt know that people still hunted with them>>.. Now Bluetick days is in Huntingburgh In 2nd week of September..
All who resist will die

Offline Meat Hunter

• Head Shots ONLY
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 08:52:46 AM »
Yep, Eric, I kept  blue dogs about forty five years ago. They were OK. Then I found out about Plotts! A real hunting hound!  Education is a wonderful thing! :twisted: :twisted: PS. My Vietnamese friends have some bluetick recipes if you need them. :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 04:44:10 PM »
Thanks for the recipe idea but I think I will stick to eating all of the game that I collect fowling behind my blue dogs. I have some friends of mine that swear by Plott Hounds , and I have seen a few that were top notch , but form what I have seen for the most part , they are better meat dogs than competition dogs. I'm big into P.K.C. And A.K.C. night hunting.
No offense was meant toward your dogs just trying to get some duologue going in this forum.

Good luck with your hounds.
All who resist will die

Offline Meat Hunter

• Head Shots ONLY
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 08:11:52 PM »
No worries , Eric! I'm a hunter not a comp man. I kept Blueticks when I was young. Good dogs. Walkers Great dogs as are Plotts! BUT It's the individual dog that makes the difference not always the breed! GOOD LUCK!

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 08:23:30 PM »
I love Plott hounds. Got to run behind them a few times in Eastern Tennesse and Western North Carolina while hunting hogs and bear and they are the "bomb"!! O0 O0 O0

I'd like to have one as a house pet too....That or a Rhodesian Ridgeback!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 01:26:32 PM »
Back in the old days, last century, I did a lot of coon hunting, and always liked the looks of the Plotts.  As far as Ridgebacks, one of the meanest dogs I ever knew was a Ridgeback. I don't think they would be a good family dog. I used to carry my S&W .32 revolver in my paperbag when I was a kid on my paper route, expecting to shoot that dog in self defense.   :shock:  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 04:57:39 PM »
Yea, they can be a little on the aggressive side for sure. A friend has a female Ridgeback and it is like petting a giant muscle. The whole dang dog is one solid muscle!!

But, she is a sweet dog and totally loyal.

I haven't got a family (who'd want to marry a broken down ex-paratrooper turned cop? :'( :shock: :wink:) So that wouldn't be a problem.

I'd wait till I got a bigger place too.

In any case I seem to always get dogs that do the opposite of their intended purpose.

So my Ridgeback will probably be a wimp and if I bought a Chiuahua it would probably be the meanest thing on the planet!!!!!!!!!! :D :shock:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »
Bohica, with your luck, you would get a lovable Bassett that would love you to death and bite everyone else!  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:28:39 AM »
speaking of Bassets... the people across the street from my parents are on their 3rd basset in my 30 years on this planet...It takes a special someone, or something to love those dogs, I'll tell you I do not miss hearing those dogs bark on hot summer afternoons while all the windows are up, but not just how loud they bark but the smell they produce, I'm guessing from their slobber...anyways I'm not a big fan of Bassett hounds, unless they are playing poker on a wall somewhere....
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments