November 21, 2017, 07:13:13 AM

Author Topic: For Trappers- Good Cheap Bait For 'yotes  (Read 783 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
For Trappers- Good Cheap Bait For 'yotes
« on: March 20, 2004, 09:59:52 AM »
An old trapper friend of mine put me on to this years ago. He even caught a local wise 'yote that had 3 legs, with this bait. You take a container at least gallon size and fill it up about 3/4 or so with rough fish, carp, if you have some. Screw a lid on lightly to let the pressures change. Gallon glass jars work well. Let the stuff work for a few weeks. You will see a layer of fish oil in the jar, along with small particles of fish in a watery liquid. Pour off the oil and include a few ounces of the chummy liquid. Seal tightly and use for baiting scent. Shake up the bait container when baiting, and pour some of the liquid and oil on the cotton scent ball. This bait works really well when the scented ball is hung  out of reach of the 'yote, hung on an overhanging limb or on brush just out of reach of the dog. The mixture has been proven to attract from great distances. The stuff may have value when calling, too? I would make sure the container would not leak in your pocket or vehicle, also! :oops:  :!:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments