October 17, 2017, 01:06:44 PM

Author Topic: Let's Hear It From Pistol Hunters  (Read 1935 times)

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Let's Hear It From Pistol Hunters
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 09:55:56 PM »
I like to carry my mark2 ruger holstered while rabbit hunting. occasionally you will see a rabbit sit down while running and think you don't see him. This can be a real meat-saver over the close range shotgun . I walk up on, and shoot a lot sitting in the bed this way also. It's no big deal if I miss either. I have 9 more shots to try to hit him on the move. Even when I strike out with a whole clip, my dogs are trained now to respond quickly to a 10-shot salvo. When the dogs strike, the fun is only beginning. The ruger has also traveled many a mile with me in pursuit of ringtails. I don't mean to brag, but I can always bring him out of the tree with fewer than 100 rounds. :roll:   I've found that the more you shoot, the more the dogs like it. Isn't that why we hunt with pistols and dogs in the first place, just to make some noise?
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 11:31:48 PM »
Thanks elwood, that means that if one racoon=100 rds, then if I go squirrel hunting, and take 100 rds, thatn I should be able to get 5 squirrels...  ( Rough math.... let me know if I'm close)  That's going by weight.
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 08:46:56 PM »
If you shoot as well as I do and plan on bagging 5 squirrels you might want to bring a whole brick. Squirrels are smaller, harder to hit , and start sailing when the bark starts flying. :D  damn- this is starting to sound funner by the minute :idea:
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 09:35:02 PM »
yes it is sounding fun....  I like target shooting with a 22... you can rack off a lot of rounds at a target (I like hanging bowling pins..) you can make the lead and chips of wood fly, but I still miss the sound of a hound... and no matter how hard I try I can't get my buddy's beagle to bay at a bowling pin.... :!:  :-k  wonder if it is possible.....

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline catfishsr

pistol hunting
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 09:07:08 PM »
john
i have been hunting with hand guns most of my life,usaly i hunt hogs .started with a colt .357 with 4 inch bbl,,killed over 30 pigs with it  2 deer and a few wild cats .i went to .44s then i got me a few 45/70 bfr.(big fine revolver)with this cannon i can take hogs out to 125 yrds no trouble. but now i just had to go bigger  :twisted: bought my self both of the s&w 500s  :roll: like them both but the custom shop huntter go out the most ,just reacently got me a 300 plus hog at 75 yrds ,you would of thought i hit him wiyh a truck . no mater what type of huntting i do i always carry a side arm. :mrgreen: even pistol huntting i carry back up ,usaly 1 st .rd. is snake shot,they are thick around heer. :shock:
NONE STAND AS TALL AS THE PERSON WHO BENDS OVER TO HELP A CHILD.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 02:05:28 PM »
found a good deal on the smith and wesson 22a.  new with two mags for 173 +tax... any input by anyone??  anyone ever shot one or know anyone that has one???

Got pics???

Facebook Comments