November 21, 2017, 12:34:42 PM

Author Topic: Peta issues with hunting  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Peta issues with hunting
« on: January 10, 2006, 03:29:57 PM »
This is taken straight from a peta fact sheet on why they disagree with sport hunting:

"Nature Takes Care of Its Own
If left unaltered, the delicate balance of nature’s ecosystems ensures the survival of most species. Natural predators help maintain this balance by killing only the sickest and weakest individuals. Hunters, however, kill any animal they would like to hang over the fireplace—including large, healthy animals who are needed to keep the population strong.

Even when unusual occurrences cause temporary animal-overpopulation problems, natural processes quickly stabilize the group. Starvation and disease are unfortunate, but they are nature’s way of ensuring that healthy, strong animals survive and maintain the strength of the entire herd or group. Shooting an animal because he or she might starve or become sick is arbitrary and destructive"

Ok,  so if a "natural" predator takes a weakened animal, it's kumbya......but if one is taken by a hunter because it's injured or in danger of starvation because of over population, it's destructive??? ???     Isn't this still their same precious balance?   It all seems like a very limited view of "natural".   What do you think?
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
Re: Peta issues with hunting
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 04:29:56 PM »
Of course it is a limited view of natural.  It makes no difference if we are the predators or the wolves, bears, etc. are the predators.  What do these people think the DNR's and Game Commisions are for?  They aid in keeping things in balance.  Too many deer?  Give out more doe tags.  Plain and simple.  Send a group of these morons to Australia the next time they have one of those rat infestation problems.  Prime example of lack of predators and what happens.  Humans are the Ultimate Predator, enough said...

unless we are unarmed around a polar bear, but that is for a different discussion.  :-P
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline bigfatts

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:09:32 AM »
Humans are the Ultimate Predator, enough said...

This is what these fanatics forget. Humans ARE predators. We are the TOP predators. This is backed up by the simple facts that we have canine teeth. Our eyes are also on the front of our heads (like a predator) not on the sides of our heads, like prey. The fact that we have these things NATURALLY makes us NATURAL predators. And the fact that we are predators explains the need we have to hunt. I strongly believe that if god didn't want us to eat the animals, he wouldn't have said it was ok in the Bible (Gen. 9:3.) Nor would he have allowed the invention of BBQ sauce.
Never shall innocent blood be shed...
Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.
For I shall spread my blackened wings
and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 09:41:17 AM »
see now i have a problem with a few things in this.. if left unchecked the deer population would be worthless, it would not allow for the "strongest to survive" overpopulation does not allow for this to occure, it brings the health of the entire herd down, yes "natural preditors weed out the sick/old/young/ugly" and sometimes when they get lucky enough they get a good one.. but blaming ALL hunters for taking wall hangers only is where i have the problem. i dont hunt just for wallpaper, or a new rug. i hunt for the meat/get back in touch with my roots/get outside and enjoy the world around me. to lump all hunters together is just like lumping all of "anything" together, it is dangerous and shortsighted to do so.  i am sure not all peta people are dangerous eco-terroristic eunic  freeking idiots, but the ones that are not that way are never seen..

bigfatts: what you state as examples of us humans being the "top" pred. is accually a misnomer, yes those do make us predators but what makes us the TOP is our brains, our ability to adapt and overcome. one on one we aint nowhere close to being the top pred. we are accually food.. but with using our brains we have adapted and TOOK the top spot and not gonna let it go. ok mind just wandered there...  two ancestors one throws a rock at the other.. he grabs his sharp stick and whacks it back.... who named it baseball??
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »
PETA needs to understand that we are the top predator on the food chain. When all of the pray animals are gone those vegans might be pretty good eating.
All who resist will die

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 07:52:45 PM »
I imagine if the vegans survive enough generations, their eyes will migrate to the sides of their heads. You will be able to easily spot a vegan on the street. Their eyes will be on the sides of their heads, and they will of course have horse teeth and smell like  goats. Oh, and they will certainly have cattle tails or sheep tails. Maybe you will see whitetail vegans, just like whitetail deer. When they would get scared, they would flag with their tails and flee. Some of them might resemble goats and sheep. Come to think of it, some of them already do. I knew a gal that was a veggie and looked just like a goat. She was a blind date, one I never asked out a second time. :roll: :wink: ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 11:30:59 AM »
was her name "BAAAAAAAArb"?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 09:36:09 AM »
That's close! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 11:25:27 AM »
That's close! ;D ;D ;D ;D

NAAAAAAAAncy?

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 09:09:32 PM »
I once dated a vege head and the only meat she liked was trouser snake.
All who resist will die

Facebook Comments