October 18, 2017, 02:27:13 PM

Author Topic: Custom Knives by John Andrews  (Read 20237 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Custom Knives by John Andrews
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 10:07:14 AM »
The Little Injun tops any of my ideas.  How much does one like that run?
They run $225-250, depending on what materials are chosen. That also includes sheath, shipping, optional shipping insurance.
the forth one down looks like the best brass nuckles I ever seen. :twisted:
Yep, some of them have a lot more metal in them than what I would prefer, but it's what the two clients wanted. The two have solid brass knuckle type guards.

By the way, I no longer use any brass. I now use good grade nickle silver because of the unwanted tarnish factor of brass. 

BC's next knife will have some inlayed or incorperated copper or brass shrapnel on the knife handle, but that's the only choice other than my steel shrapnel that can rust if care is not taken.
The shrapnel is from tank killer penetrator rounds.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 11:24:54 AM »
how much would one of those knives cost? ??? ??? ???
I can make them for $225-250, depending on materials. Certain amounts of ivory and exotic materials drives up my cost. I do have some "exotic" materials I can include in the deal for the $225 price.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 11:49:52 AM »
You've got my attention. Please explain to me, this shrapnel feature. Is it just for looks or is it for gettin down to business? Pics?

Nah, the shrapnel is just for looks. O0  He's got some brass & copper shrapnel from some exploded rounds from his work.  When the shell explodes, it leaves some really cool striations on/in the metal. :D  We figured that the way the metal is striated, it would look really cool inlaid into the handles. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »
Updated knife pictures.  O0

John can explain about some of the knives.  The ones I've got, I'll try to explain a little.

These were the pictures that John originally sent to me back in 2005 I think, when I was thinking of getting him to make me one.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2011, 11:52:55 AM »
This was the first one that I had made, for my Step-Dad.

Blade is 440C Stainless, heat treated and cry-quenched.
Handles are a burly piece of California Buckeye

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »
These are the next 2 I had made, one for me and one for my son (when he gets a little older).

Blade is 440C Stainless Steel, heat-treated & cryo-quenched
Handles are burly California Buckeye.
White dots in handles are inlays of Mastadon Ivory.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »
This is the last one he made for me.  I needed a knife a little smaller for squirrels, turkeys, etc. so we came up with this one.  This one is the "Little Injun".  O0

Blade is 440C Stainless Steel, heat-treated & cryo-quenched
Handle is a burly piece of Osage Orange (hedge apple)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 12:53:36 AM »
The very top knife is a fillet knife, which he doesn't make anymore. I already asked. ;) All in all, John makes some great looking knives and has plenty of options to choose from. Definitely worth the price tag. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 08:07:34 AM »
Thanks for kind words and pictures! I should be working in the shop right now, but is cold out there and I have to get the old shack warmed  up before I venture in.

Also, when the coffee kicks in and my joints get loosened up.  I have rigor mortise on cold mornings.  :roll:

BC, I'm still sorting through my pile of shrapnel for the inlays for your knife.

And am going to try to take some pictures of some of my handle wood for Ned and you today, before I go to work.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 10:31:22 PM »
SA-WEET!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments