September 25, 2018, 02:42:17 AM

Author Topic: cleaning squirrel  (Read 2178 times)

Offline wirwin

• Gut Pile Club Member
cleaning squirrel
« on: January 21, 2006, 11:39:12 AM »
I've yet to go squirrel hunting.  I don't know how to clean one unfortunately.  So i was wondering how you all clean and butcher a squirrel.  So me and my also new to squirrel hunting pal don't say,  "We shot it what do we do now."

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: cleaning squirrel
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 12:12:12 PM »
Our buddy BC has fixed you right up:

http://www.gutpilestyle.com/ForumSMF/index.php?topic=1968.0
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 01:16:02 PM »
Got that GP.

Wirwin, It might look a little complicated, but I assure you, It'll take you longer to read it than do it. In fact, if you're like me and read slow, You can clean several and cut up a couple in that amount of time. And I'm not all that experienced.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline wirwin

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 03:20:53 PM »
Thanks, I had an idea on what to do but i just wanted to make sure.  Now all i need is a recipe and I'm ready to go.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 03:27:39 PM »
No problem there either.   Do a search in our recipe forum - there are some nice ones in there!   O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 04:06:05 PM »
Thanks, I had an idea on what to do but i just wanted to make sure.  Now all i need is a recipe and I'm ready to go.

Meat over fire.  Eat, belch, Have A Good Night! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 07:14:42 PM »

For God's Sake Big58Cal, don't forget the Beer.  O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 07:17:37 PM »

hahah the wife came home from the store the other day bought a beef brisquit,(5 pound slab of meat for those who donno)  kayla the daughter saw it said "alright, now all i need is fire!"  :twisted:
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »
hahah the wife came home from the store the other day bought a beef brisquit,(5 pound slab of meat for those who donno)  kayla the daughter saw it said "alright, now all i need is fire!"  :twisted:

Sounds like you've been training that girl right!  She'll make some hairy-legged redneck boy a fine wife one of these days! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline john

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »
the short answer.... remove the parts you don't want to eat. put him in a pan.

Facebook Comments