October 21, 2017, 10:58:03 PM

Author Topic: trees....  (Read 6270 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: trees....
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 10:27:39 PM »
I have heard of several people stepping out of their tree stands like that.

I just hope that a good portion of them were hunting marsh lands.

and just what sound would they make when they hit mad????
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 10:28:37 PM »
Guys,
Stepping out of the tree stand was the easy part, you should've seen me trying to climb back up to get it down  :-[
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 10:30:30 PM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »

Well, they would make a soft splat, instead of a hard thud.  O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline john

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 08:21:03 AM »
last tree i fell out of was the last time i hunted from a tree. this was before you could buy comercial tree stands though. i landed on a barbed wire fence and still have the scar. and as an aside,,,its surprising how high you bounce when you land on one of them fences.

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »

Well, they would make a soft splat, instead of a hard thud.  O0

I thought the sound would have been squash.  ;D  ;D
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 03:50:37 PM »
Well I have had several body banging experiences but this one tops my list. I was rock climbing a 300 ft. rock structure along the Wisconsin river in Adams county. A friend and I sort of had this race to see who could get to the top first... He beat me by a few seconds and when we got to the top we took a much needed rest. After we regained our insanity we decided to race back to the base...DA!  Well I won that one " the hard way ". Yup I slipped and started falling, all I could do was give myself a good push off with my feet/legs hopping I would clear the next ledge. That worked but I was now crashing thru pine trees and trying desperately to grab on to something, all I could do was fall. At one point I saw a ledge comming and I just jammed my foot into it. Well that stopped me quick but I felt a real nasty pain in my foot/leg/etc... Here I am now on a 3" X 3" ledge and I fear my leg is broken, no one else knows I fell at this point and I manage to get myself down before they find me soaking my badly sprained ankle in the river. Just got lucky that day. Here are a couple of pictures of the rock.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 06:57:42 PM »
I would tell you that you just ain't too bright..........but that kinda' goes without saying..... :)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Korean&Proud

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 07:24:13 PM »
during windstorm I sued to climb to the top of this 40 foot pine tree and sit at the very top and ride it back and forth.... well the fun only lasted about 3 or four trip before I fell out of the tree but luckily my ribs/stomach snagged a branch.  i hung there for a good 45 seconds before realizing I had actualyl broken something. lmao 3 ribs!  last time I climbed a tree but im not sayign I wouldnt got hunting out of one in the future.

K&P
Heres My Signature

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 10:19:55 AM »
I took a fall off a cliff years ago, breaking a lot of bones. I was looking down on on the treetops when I fell. After a long crawl to the car and months of healing, I decided  leather soled boots are really slick when walking on wet moss at a cliff edge. :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 07:40:22 PM »
I took a fall off a cliff years ago, breaking a lot of bones. I was looking down on on the treetops when I fell. After a long crawl to the car and months of healing, I decided  leather soled boots are really slick when walking on wet moss at a cliff edge. :shock:

I thought Indians were supposed to be smart? ???
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments