November 23, 2017, 04:14:14 AM

Author Topic: 1st squirrel hunt  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: 1st squirrel hunt
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 02:56:08 AM »
Also, don't be like KS_Sniper..........DON'T TAKE ANY PRISONERS!!!!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline wirwin

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 03:58:36 PM »
I just came back from my cousins house(last minute change).  We didn't see any squirrels or rabbits.  We kicked and rustled every place that even looked like a rabbit would be.  The reason is apparently coyotes have been killing or scaring off anything.  So I will try at the public hunting place.

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 06:54:14 PM »
If your hunting squirrels in an area that gets lots of pressure you may want to try just sitting for an hour or more, if you don't see anything after an hour or two you may want to try a different spot.
With rabbits try slowing down your pace and check out every little patch of tall grass, etc...  The little buggers like to hold tight, its one of their only defense tacktics. So walk slow and keep your eyes busy scanning every possible hidding place. Also the above mentioned walk/stop method works well. Stopping everynow and then tends to spook them...they think your on to them if you stop and it can cause them to run.
Be persistant and you will bring home a meal... good luck.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 07:37:39 AM »
  Go out and have a balst! :D

Facebook Comments