December 15, 2017, 06:58:42 AM

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1491 times)

Zero

Howdy
« on: February 01, 2006, 07:26:13 AM »
Howdy all. Name is Christian I am 18, from citrus county, born and raised down on the river. I hunt anything on land or on water, deer, hogs, coons, squirrels, doves, quail and more for land. Trap and fish for crawfish with traps I make myself, gators, turtles, ducks, fish. Been hunting, tracking and trapping since I was knee high to a grasshopper, got a pretty thick southern slang, dad raised me to the words " Born and raised in the south, you need to know how to go into the woods with a pocket knife and live with no problems " he had this vision that when and if the world ends, all us southerners will be just fine, we been around since the start of this country and we been doing pretty good on our own for the most part. I guess thats it, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:28:33 AM »
welcome zero i got one question for ya, where is citrus county at? and its not just the southern boys gonna be around, i may be northern by birth but not by choice hahah  so what do ya like to hunt/ fish???
when in doubt shoot twice

Zero

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 08:35:44 AM »
I live slap dab in the middle of nowhere by the withlacoocher river, I hunt and fish all over the woods, as I said, have yet to meet something in the woods I couldnt outsmart and catch or kill as for water, funnest thing I ever fished was gators, dad got me into the whole snare/knife combo on them, old mad was a crazy sucker, but the first time I tried it, its was insane. Since it is coming up on crawfish run time, I just got done making a bunch of traps got some new techniques I plan on trying for this run, last few tried I been pulling them thick, only problem I have is my accent and words, a buddy of mine from another forum gave me the idea to use word to fix it all, so it looks better :P

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 04:23:25 PM »
welcom abord zero!  :-P

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 04:36:40 PM »
hey the southern slang is ok with me, i speak fluent redneck  :-P  heheh no problem though i know what ya mean some days my fingers run away from me and cant type worth a dern....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 05:19:56 PM »
Hello Zero!  We're glad to have you at the pile!   :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Zero

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 06:33:23 PM »
Seems like a good place.

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 10:55:20 PM »
God bless the south and remember the north  is your neighbor. Nowdays I think its all about the state of mind rather than geographical location.  I may have been born in the north but my heart is in the south & I plan on retirement down your way some day... Welcome zero, fellow outdoors man... let us all know what's on your mind. I sure would like to hear a few more  stories about your Pa.
Happy hunting!
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 11:22:37 PM »
Welcome to the Pile Zero. O0  Stick around and get busy filling us in on your hunting, trapping, and fishing stories. O0  We really like to see pictures.

By the way, this here "Yankee" was schooled by a father just like yours. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Zero

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »
Fathers like that are the ones that make us kids grow up right. As for the hunting and trapping what do you all want to know about?

Facebook Comments