November 20, 2017, 06:43:44 AM

Author Topic: .17 rifle  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: .17 rifle
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 01:30:47 PM »
 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Never heard of the...

Never?!?

Okay... where's than banning stick..... ^-^

Just kiddin, Zero. If ever you wanted to learn about the Fairly new HMR or the newer HM2, you came to the right place. If I can find a flight path chart on my PC, I'll post it for you in comparison to a .22.
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 01:56:55 PM »
*Mumble*mumble*mumble*dang Marlin vs. SAVAGE*mumble*grumble*mumble*! ;D ;D ;DI gotta say, my Savage won't be outshot by a * mumble*mymble*mumble*Marlin! Two have tried, two have failed.  :) I do like the Marlins, to be honest.  I like their "feel" and the Marlin factory trigger is far superior to the Savage factory trigger. Since that ol' *Marlin* owner (BC) is a crack shot with his, I gotta give him credit, and his rifle. Marlins and Savages are great shooting rifles, no doubt. Just ask anyone who owns one. I have an exceptional rifle, even compared with the high buck rifles. I went to great care to break in the bore to assure match grade groups, and went the extra mile like BC did, added an after market trigger. I have another advantage for shooting those one holer 100 meter groups (once in a while), a 6X-24X scope.  :twisted: :) :)When you see all those piles of BC's squirrels, you will notice all of them are head shots. What can I say? The proof is in the puddin! Or, more like, the pile of dead squirrels. O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline vdubya63

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »
Yea I see that bass pro has the savage 93r17 fvss on sale for 219.88. I will keep looking.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 11:30:23 PM »
Around here Walley World has the Marlin  blued model for $189 and change. I plan ongetting one from one of the local gunshops, tho. I've heard stories about the quality of the guns that Walley World gets. I felt one in the store and the action was rough as a cob. I'll pay more at the gun shop, but I'll get better customer service and be putting the money back into the local economy. I got the money burning a hole in my pocket, just waiting for the dealer to get restocked.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 12:26:54 AM »
Around here Walley World has the Marlin  blued model for $189 and change. I plan ongetting one from one of the local gunshops, tho. I've heard stories about the quality of the guns that Walley World gets. I felt one in the store and the action was rough as a cob. I'll pay more at the gun shop, but I'll get better customer service and be putting the money back into the local economy. I got the money burning a hole in my pocket, just waiting for the dealer to get restocked.

Amen to Wal-Mart selling crap!  I will never purchase another firearm there. >:(  I bought a Remington 870 there that didn't work worth a darn and I would have had to spend about another half the value of the gun to get it functioning properly.  They wouldn't even take it back or assist in getting it fixed.  They simply said, "Sorry, contact Remington."
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline vdubya63

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 07:20:30 PM »
I work for wally world :twisted: :twisted:. Yea some of there guns are s*its, but they do sell some alright stuff sometimes

Offline olhippie

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 08:46:28 PM »
....Thier firearms offerings are amoung the few things there that are American made. 85% of all they sell is made in China these days. Walmart OWNS cities over there!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 07:30:48 PM »
I've gotten 2 guns at Wal-Mart, a Marlin .22 and a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge.  Neither one have given me a moments trouble.  Guess I might be in the minority on that though???

If you can, I would check at some good gun shops and some reputable pawn shops.  A lot of times, they have have some really good guns there at really good prices.  As an example, the guy that I hunt on owns a pawn shop, but they also order new guns.  On any new gun, they'll show you their cost on the gun, and then they add 10%, which includes the 6% KY Sales Tax.  They make 4% on any new gun.  And it's not just me, they do this for everyone that comes in.  My last 5 guns have come from this place, with 2 being used and 3 new.

Anyway, the point is that if they do this, there's others out there also that do it also.  Check around and see what you can find.  By going with a gun shop or pawn shop, you'll also get better customer service and be helping "the little man".
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 07:34:39 PM »
my moss 500 came from wallyworld, and only problem i have had with it is nothing to shoot with it...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 10:04:54 AM »
BC is right, pawnshops are great places to shop for guns. The pawn shop owners here are friends of mine, and I troll their shops at least once per month. The nice thing also, you can trade guns with them, too.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments