October 19, 2017, 12:23:06 PM

Author Topic: Ever notice..  (Read 2416 times)

Zero

Ever notice..
« on: February 03, 2006, 01:16:29 AM »
I have dun noticed something about kids these days, they say they love each other at 15, and such, and wanting to spend there lives together, than a week a later its over, what ever happened to the day and age where words meant something?

I was never raised around other kids cept my brother, and we are very close, when something goes wrong with him, he comes here, and I go there, we think identically the same, and we know when something is wrong. I mean I lost someone close to me one day out of nowhere, and it hurt, but I wouldnt say I loved her at 18, its just not right, my reason was, I am 18, I know what I need now, and as much as you have done to me, I cant honestly say it back, just not right to say words you dont 100% mean.

Kids these days have long since forgotten what any of that is. Thats my stand, anyone agree on that one?

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
Re: Ever notice..
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 01:38:32 AM »
Zero ,I think that in general,fifteen year olds have always acted like that.A love one week can be forgoten the next.

What I am more concerned with is the lack of respect that the youth seem to have today.While there has always been a rebellous part of being young,it seems to have been taken to the extreme.

I got married when I was eighteen,and I am still married today to the same women 32 years.

Zero

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 02:08:08 AM »
I just dont understand it, when I make my one trip to town every moon, I watch kids mouth off and dont get punished, yelling and swearing, my dad ran my hide for back talking, and I never did it again, somewhere I missed something.

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 07:00:49 AM »
ahhh yes you hit on a great sore spot here... my kids (16 and 11) were raised to respect everyone, until they are disrespected themselves.  every time dinner is over their mom or I depending on who made it gets a thank you from both kids, and they hold the doors for people etc etc. whereas the nephews (sis in law kids) are out and out heathens. the youngest one aged 5 runs around screaming at the tops of his lungs, always throwing a fit never listening... I told the mother to get em away from me or i am going to club him, he came passed i snatched him up whacked his ass told her see thats how you do it. its become a generation of nanny raised, no responcability takiing parents out there...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 07:18:50 AM »
Morax is right, on the differnece in raising them. But I have 3 children of my own. 11 , 10, soon to be 9. Now they know when I speak, or my X-wife's speaks they better take warning, or they know what will happen, but today I can not do to my kids what my father did to me. A hand print on the face today mean Children Services knocking at my door tomorrow, or if the kids go to school and tell the teacher someone is beating them, again the knock. I believe a stern voice first, a slap across the A** second (just one slap, at a time) then to bed with nothing to do but stare at the ceiling, this works for me, doesn't mean it will work for everybody, but if they do it from the start it might. If someone was to ask anyone of my kids if their parents beat them, I know their response, and I don't think that the person asking would like their response. " Would you rather us killing someone, or doing drugs, or how about I take your wallet." this is what the counslers at school get for response from my three children, and even though I maybe deivorced the 2 of us agree on everything the other does, that should be the way, but it is not and agian that is the main problem, with too many divorces, and the kids pay for it in the end.

I am sorry for running off, but I had to say it.
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline john

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 07:56:50 AM »
yup i remember at 13 i was so in love,,, it would always be just the two of us. lasted all summer... saw her a few years later and shuddered to think the beast was once so attractive to me. kids have and will fall in and out of love.  they always have,,,, and always will... dang hormones.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 08:52:14 AM »
yup i remember at 13 i was so in love,,, it would always be just the two of us. lasted all summer... saw her a few years later and shuddered to think the beast was once so attractive to me. kids have and will fall in and out of love.  they always have,,,, and always will... dang hormones.

ahhh we wont go there..... i seen the "first" couple weeks ago... *****SHUDDER******* wish i didnt...
when in doubt shoot twice

Zero

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 10:09:01 AM »
I just dont get it, at what point do these kids think they know everything, I never pretended to know everything, cause what I was learning it woulda been a bad idea, I think youth in general has started to fail on there own two feet.

Offline john

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 10:33:40 AM »
lol zero, im willing to bet a grill cheese sandwich that if you asked your folks,,,,there was a time you "knew it all"

Zero

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 10:35:27 AM »
No thank you, everytime I mouthed off like I knew I met the hand of justice from dad and got beat down to the river and back again. Already found that out, mom would switch me for acting like that. If you wasnt sure you asked to make sure, not guessed. Dad was the man at the time, he knew it and he always told me and my family, if you dont think you know and you dont ask and get hit by a hog or such, its your own fault. Though it wasnt true, he would come running if you got treed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 10:42:01 AM by Zero »

Facebook Comments