October 19, 2017, 01:36:49 AM

Author Topic: Jimmy Houston is NOT a Sportsman  (Read 1584 times)

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
Jimmy Houston is NOT a Sportsman
« on: February 03, 2006, 08:28:34 AM »
I will never, ever give credence to anything this man says about sportsmanship.

Check this out:   http://www.real-hunters.com/bellar-trial-video.cfm

It is just sick.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Jimmy Houston is NOT a Sportsman
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »
man the wife and i couldnt watch the whole thing. i am ashamed and disgusted here that unfortunatly this does go on and things like this only gives peta more ammo against true hunting. i am at a loss for words
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:23:26 AM »
I couldn't get it to go, so if someone could atleast describe alittle.  :-\  :sad:
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 11:58:22 AM »
Unfortunately Marlin, we are seeing another tactic used by PETA to divide hunters and pit them against one another.

While I donít agree with some types of hunting, the end result of any hunt is the killing of the animal.  As long as that animal was humanely killed in a swift manner, I have no objections to the style of hunting a hunter chooses. I absolutely will not turn on my fellow hunter and allow anti-hunters to divide us.

I see in the video the same methods of killing that I see on the outdoor channels. A gun shot through the front shoulder and the deer piling up 30 yards later. I see a buck standing in the woods and being shot and dropping in his tracks. I saw a buck shot with a tranquilizing arrow, which is used to administer medications, and it bounced off of the deer not killing it.

Other than the voice over painting a false picture in our minds, it looks like a normal hunting video to me.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »
Stoney;

Take off the blinders man - These videos are not some trumped up PETA thing.† These were evidence in a Federal Criminal Trial.† Good Ole Boy Jimmy had to testify under oath that he did indeed sit in a tree stand on a 3 acre fenced plot of land, baited, and with farm workers chasing the drugged deer around.† After he shot one, they drag it off to another location for pictures that he posts on his own website, making it look like he was actually out in the woods, actually "HUNTING".† That ain't hunting, I don't gives a rats arse who you think you are, that AIN'T hunting.

It's all a matter of public record now.† There ain't no denying it.† Nearly everything they did at that ranch was illegal - violations of State and Federal statutes.† Jimmy wasn't the only famous person - Dunn of Brooks and Dunn fame also tesitfied at the trial that he and his son both shot deer there.† He was under the impression it was a game farm and the "rules" didn't apply because the animals were owned by the farm.† He was wrong.

These posts aren't about "Dividing" hunters.† I am a farm boy at heart.† I have taken many an animal to market, taken a few to the shed.† We call that slaughtering and butchering.† It ain't hunting.† These posts are about expressing our disgust at a practice that should not be associated with hunting at all.† It's about getting rid of these practices.† That's all the Anti's need - Hunters who won't stand up, grow a pair, and refuse to be associated with unetchical, illegal activity.† †

These are the kind of practices that turn the "fence sitters" - those that don't hunt but don't care if we do- against us - the ethical hunters and fisherman.

None of the animals involved were swiftly or humanely killed - they were drugged, chased, baited, and slaughtered.†

You won't turn on your fellow hunter?† How about poachers?†

OK.† I am done ranting, except for this - I didn't just look at the sight the videos were posted on, I did thurough search.† If you want you can find the public records of this case.†

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 04:29:48 PM »
Whoooooaaaaaa there APRock,
I'm not turning this into a shouting match with ya bud.† Let's calm down there a bit and take a blood pressure pill.† ;D

Just look how you just jumped all over my arse. If you can't see that this issue is pitting hunter against hunter then I think you need to "take off the blinders - man"† †O0
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 04:34:29 PM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline biteme

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
I have supported this in the past, farming elk or deer and more commonly exotic’s for canned hunts is no different that farming beef cattle. If someone wants to pay the owner to shoot these animals, so what. It’s not a type of shooting I would have interest in doing, but I will support the rights for others who for whatever reason decides to get involved in it.
I wish they would call it Game Shooting or something without the terms “sport or hunt” in it.
But no matter the case if you own the land and you own the animal, I can’t see tellin’ somebody they can’t do it. It’s been done for along time with game birds and ducks (errr is that the same thing) and looked at as a high-class sport with little said about it.
Were back to deer and elk havin’ that warm and fuzzy look that tug’s on peoples heart strings who were raised on Walt Disney specials with talking animals.
If my crippled up grand dad wanted me to drive him up to a ranch for a canned hunt where he could blast a buck right outta his wheel chair I would gladly do it for him.
People in this country are getting too use to trying to control what others do if don’t happen to suit them. They pass laws that are unjust and gain support from not only control freaks but good people that just have not thought things out well enough.
If we want our rights respected we have to respect the rights of others.

As far as the topic here is concerned I agree Jimmy Houston is in business and uses outdoor related pic's and clip's to promote it.
I hate to bust anyones bubble about TV star's but while guiding in Alaska I have had to sit all day throwing the same dead king salmon in the air while cameras rolled and shutters clicked just so film crews that hired us could get that perfect fishing clip.

When watching outdoors shows on tv, don't ever forget, It's Holloywood baby......
A Photo thief owns this forum

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 05:17:30 PM »
Point taken Stony (sorry, misspelled it last post)

However; what gets my jaws tight is that guys like JH represent US to the masses of folks out there who don't get out and hunt with the likes of you and me, if they hunt at all. †BUT, they do vote. †And often we all get lumped together as far as these folks are concerned.

I for one, do not want to be associated with the Jimmy Houstons of the world if they are going to behave in this manner. †Any hunter of JH supposed expertise knew darn well that what he was doing was illegal, unethical, and fruadulant (once he started bragging about it on his show and website as "Outsmarting Monster Indiana White tails"). †His staff couldn't be that poor at thier jobs.

I think it behooves us, the legal, ethical hunters, in order to promote and protect our sport, to condemn such practices and those that participate in them.

I also look at it this way. †Who are the primary audience for these shows? †US! †The folks they are hoping will buy their sponsors products. †I know I sure as hell can't learn anything from watching a "canned" hunt - except that I find it distastful. †99% of US couldn't afford to do it anyway if we were so inclined to do it. †So what do i need with the equipment used to illegally harvest??

Like was said, there are all kinds of hunting practices out there. †As long as they are legal, traditonal manners for that local, I guess the "acid test" for me is this: †Can you stand up, in front of anybody and everybody, and say "This is how I harvested this game...." and be proud of it??? †Jimmy can't do that.....† So as far as I am concerned, he isn't a "Hunter".† We are not divided.† I won't allow the likes of JH to represent me.

Every group has its bad apples. †The groups that survive are those that get rid of the bad apples before the rest of the populace thinks the whole bushel is rotten.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 05:51:23 PM »
Good points and good discussion - but after a hard days work, let's put   'er to bed.† †:wink:

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 04:40:10 PM »
The way I look at it is that if it's illegal, then it's not good, but if it's legal, to each his/her own.  If someone wants to pay thousands of dollars to shoot a pen raised animal, then so be it.  I'm not going to pass judgement on that person.

The reason I have an opinion like this is that you have to look at THE BIG PICTURE and THINK OUTSIDE THE SANDBOX.............................. :wink:  Think about this, the people that go on shoots like this have the money to pay for it, LOTS of it.  If this is the only way that they can get out and do it, or have time to do it, fine.  These same people are now in the ranks of people that will help to DEFEND any antihunting legislation that may be launched in their state/area, and they also have the money to donate to help fight these antihunting bills.  They are also another vote for Pro hunting.  If you ban "their" type of hunting, you've also probably lost their support and MONEY to help defend hunting in the future.

Again, as long as it's legal, you shouldn't care how it's done.  Different people have different ethics.  What some people do, others wouldn't dream of, even though it's entirely legal.  Different strokes for different folks.

This topic is similar to the crossbow issue going on in several states.  To quote one guy that voiced his opinion on that topic on another thread on another site, "You bowhunters have shot yourself in the foot over this.  You don't have the numbers to defend your sport if it comes under attack.  You'll need the gun hunters and crossbow shooters to help do that.  If you alienate these people, like you have just done, why should they help you anytime in the future?"

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments