December 14, 2017, 02:07:48 PM

Author Topic: Pissed off!  (Read 2485 times)

Offline rice river

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Do I have a license to kill yet??
Pissed off!
« on: February 03, 2006, 08:45:44 PM »
I'm pissed off.  I took a test and had an interview with a company the other day.  They called to tell me that I didn't get the job.  They informed me that I tested very high on the test and my interview went well.  I know most of the people who got the positions and I'm embarrassed that I didn't.  I have 2 college degrees and lots of experience.  Most of the people who got the job didn't have any college or much experience.  I know I am way more qualified then most of them.  I pissed because I know one person who works there couldn't get into college without taking extra classes but I can't get a job there and I have 2 degrees and more education.  AAAAGGGHHHH!
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Pissed off!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 10:18:05 PM »
ya hit that on the head there bearman! i understand rice you are mad cause you should have got the job, yes but not trying to poke (see no sharp stick) was it a job you were way too book smart for but not quite street smart for, you didnt say what the job was for, so i cant guess as to it all, like i said though, not trying to P ya off more, am just asking  whats your degree in? and the job?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 10:35:04 PM »
Often the company doesn't want to hire based on qualifications because they won't be able to keep you. If you accept the job now, and are over-qualified, Chances are before they really see a return on there investment of training you, you'll find a better job and move on. Then they are back where they started from, minus the time and effort 'breaking you in"
 I feel into a similar trap. The Tech schools poured out electronic tech's faster than the job market could absorb them. By the time I got out, the companies could hire an engineer for a technicians job and pay. Thats what the did. Now prospective employers see the education and I'm a no-go. They don't seem to concider that there aren't any jobs in my field of training nor have I done that kind of work in 10 yrs.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 12:00:51 AM »
Wow MO... :shock: ??? When did you get my journal? That's EXACTLY what happened to me with My PC Tech Certifications. Just makes you mad, don't it.
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 12:03:31 AM »
The job was a customer service job which I have been doing for years.  I have  degree's in Computer Networking and Information Support .  Plus a real estate license and years in mortgage lending.  I am very well rounded but I live in a small town that doesn't have many opportunities.  Most people around here log or work in the mines.  

Hopefully I'll find something in the next couple weeks or I'll be unemployed!  
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 01:10:37 AM »
Rice, I hope something turns up for you soon. I've done the unemployed thing before...no fun.

KS, it would appear we do have alot in common.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 09:38:37 AM »
The job was a customer service job which I have been doing for years.  I have  degree's in Computer Networking and Information Support .  Plus a real estate license and years in mortgage lending.  I am very well rounded but I live in a small town that doesn't have many opportunities.  Most people around here log or work in the mines.  

Hopefully I'll find something in the next couple weeks or I'll be unemployed!  

ok so you are a diamond in a coal town... they dont want you cause they cant afford you dear... plain and simple. ya outclassed then and thats that..
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 09:50:32 AM »
Rice river, that's what they tell you when someone has to hire their brother in law. It's still the good ol' boy system, even for many big companies. I have seen it happen many times where I work. It's certainly not fair, but it's the way they do it and they get away with it. Companies like that are difficult to work for, too.  >:(
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 10:52:28 AM »
rice.........head north to Alberta. There's more jobs than people, and in all different fields.
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 03:50:35 PM »
My company just got done laying off about 300 of their software engineers.  In the news release, a company representative was quoted as saying that due to the slow down in the market, these layoffs were necessary and that when the market picked up again, they would hire "young new tallet" (quotations added).  What this equates to is that they layed off a bunch of the people that had been with the company for several years and were making some big bucks.  When the market picks up and they rehire, they're going to hire new kids, probably straight out of college and pay them the bare minimum!

Sucks, but that's the way big companies work! >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments