February 20, 2018, 08:38:41 AM

Author Topic: Pissed off!  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Pissed off!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 06:56:38 AM »
My company just got done laying off about 300 of their software engineers.  In the news release, a company representative was quoted as saying that due to the slow down in the market, these layoffs were necessary and that when the market picked up again, they would hire "young new tallet" (quotations added).  What this equates to is that they layed off a bunch of the people that had been with the company for several years and were making some big bucks.  When the market picks up and they rehire, they're going to hire new kids, probably straight out of college and pay them the bare minimum!

Sucks, but that's the way big companies work! >:(

I see it all the time at my company... if a person has alot of time in they better be careful of what they do because the company will nit pick and hire someone for a cheaper price. I dont tell many people but I work at wal-mart... thats how they keep their prices low. f*king Bas***d company that they are, but our town has shut down so many well paying jobs that after a year and a half of overnights I'm almost up to what I was making... and thats still under 20 grand a year... I would like to bad mouth wal-mart some more but if I dont get into the management program soon I will be going to the civil-service and take their test...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline john

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 08:52:51 AM »
i know its hard to wrap your head around sometimes.
when someone interviews of course data such as test scores and degrees are looked at. as well as work records, how people answer questions and why. and even the personality of the person comes into play. that doesn't mean you don't have a good personality. but  you get a feel for whether or not you can work with this person or that person for the next 10,20, or 30 years. its an intangible that happens often without the  interviewer even realising it. and often reflects the interveiwers quirks as much as the applicant. this is human nature. nothing you can do about it.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »
so what yer saying is she shouldnt have gutted the deer before she went for the interview? seriously though, it is sad we are such a society as this due to so many different factors play into the preception of others, and even when we try to break them the judging by cover plays into it too
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 06:52:34 PM »
I had another interview today.  The guy who interviewed me said that he was very impressed by my qualifications and that my resume didn't do me justice.  He said that he'll let me know at the end of next week.  I have a feeling that he thinks I'm over qualified for the job too.  We'll see next week what he has to say.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 07:01:21 PM »
luck to you on it though! hope ya get it
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 07:57:47 AM »
Thanks!  I hate not having a job!
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Facebook Comments