November 23, 2017, 07:56:12 AM

Author Topic: How did your Pheasants Winter?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
How did your Pheasants Winter?
« on: February 07, 2006, 03:07:23 PM »
I went out Saturday for some Rabbits, but it's hard this year no snow, I don't have a dog (thax to the X), but the Long Tails were every wheres. Now I know i couldn't find them during season, but seem to be able to flush plenty  this weekend. Looks like the no snow factor help them this year, although it didn't help my reserves  :'( .

How did everybody else's Pheasant populations do this year, or are you still shooting them up?
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Zero

Re: How did your Pheasants Winter?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:39:18 PM »
Dont got any round me. I could understand why they would be thicker without the snow. Unless you just had a bunch released into the wild by one of those pro hunting breeder people.

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 06:02:57 PM »
out hunting i have not seen a phes. in like 10-11 years in the car i think i have seen maybe 4-5 in my lifetime. they are around here, just not "here" if that makes sense....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 07:09:05 PM »
I think the winter wiped out all of our pheasants...........................Wait a second.....we don't have any pheasants! ;D

Don't count winter and the snow out just yet! :wink:  Around here in KY, February and March are when we usually get dumped on.  So if we get it, I know areas to the west of us get it too. 8)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 02:50:05 AM »
Ours have done pretty good, I think.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 04:43:06 PM »
I think the winter wiped out all of our pheasants...........................Wait a second.....we don't have any pheasants! ;D

Don't count winter and the snow out just yet! :wink:  Around here in KY, February and March are when we usually get dumped on.  So if we get it, I know areas to the west of us get it too. 8)

58cal your right, the weather report is calling for a dumping tonight, but they have been saying the same thing all winter.  ???
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Facebook Comments