October 24, 2017, 02:01:45 AM

Author Topic: super bowl detroit report!!!!  (Read 1252 times)

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
super bowl detroit report!!!!
« on: February 08, 2006, 02:14:33 PM »
ok in case anyone is interested in how we felt the bowl went.
detroit put on its best sunday go to meeting clothes and did a great job of it.
everyone from out of town seemed to have a great time and were met on the whole with good midwestern hospitality. yes there were two stupid murders, and im sure a certain amount of other crimes, typical of any large city.
i live a ways north of detroit, but have grown up in the area all my life. im proud of the people in detroit and the city itself.  though also quite embarased and angry over much that goes on there.  detroit has now proven the can do the right thing, now we can only hope they've convinced themselves its the thing to continue doing.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: super bowl detroit report!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 03:28:10 PM »
wow with you saying this john, was there a real thought of "sumthin gonna happen" going on there in area? it stupifys me when i see/hear about the mob mentality after a "game" blows me away... but seriously now, was there a fear of this, i mean i coulda swore we were semi civilized peoples... ???
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline john

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 08:06:19 AM »
no was no talk of that sort of thing. more worried about the dregs of our city embarrasing us. detroit has a reputation for not being a very nice place. and its simply not true. but like any city bad news makes the media hum. and good news just gets glossed over.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 08:30:02 AM »
oh of course thats the normal.. here in pittsburgh its the same way some places aint bad, others well i wouldnt send anyone, well maybe the ex wife,
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »
All the Pittsburgh Radio Staions have had nothing but great reports about the hospitality in Detroit.  The Morning Crew from 102.5 WDVE were quite impressed with the Bars and Strip Clubs.  The were however, a little down on the taxi drivers.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline john

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 07:42:13 AM »
lol,,, funny how radio station morning crews are always talking about strip clubs,,,,lol

Facebook Comments