December 14, 2017, 01:00:12 AM

Author Topic: Gut Pile Get Together?  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Gut Pile Get Together?
« on: February 12, 2006, 12:17:15 AM »
This is probably an odd though, but has anyone considered having a Gut Pile Get Together?  You know, have a big weekend meeting somewhere toward the middle of the country to shoot the bull, put faces with names, shoot skeet, fish, canoe, drink beer, dip snuff, beat on Morax, and all that good outdoor stuff?  Think about it...

John Andrews could bring knives to sell. O0
Lady-T could give a a taxidermy lesson. O0
Big58Cal could bring fried turtle. :twisted:
Gutpiles could bring the clothing line. O0
Stony could bring his deer scents. O0
Marlin could bring us hair care products. :twisted:
Mad River can be taxi driver with the minivan. :'(
Bearman can bring single malt scotch. O0
Morax can teach us how to sharpen sticks. :twisted:
Ks_Sniper can bring a book of Anti-PETA quotes. O0

We are getting close to 800 members, I am sure a few dozen would show up.  State wise, wouldn't Indiana or Missouri be about in the middle of country?

Call me crazy, but I think that would be kinda cool. O0

By the way, before anyone makes the suggestion, I am not a qualified event planner. :)
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Lady_taxidermist

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
    • http://www.brandonwildlifestudio.com
Re: Gut Pile Get Together?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 12:49:37 AM »
ROFL....sounds like a great idea...

It would be hard to get everyone together at the same time....and even harder to open up the 'pocket book' to afford the trip.

But man oh man....what fun would it be  :D

BTW-I vote for Oklahoma (i know it ain't exactly central...but well, ya know i got a bias opinion and all...LOL) ....come on down guys, Bring your tents.....we got all the hogs you can shoot-and all the bass/catfish you can catch! (and some of the cheapest licences around)

LadyT

Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Sometimes i aim to please, but mostly i just shoot to kill.

All of us were born crying. Some of us outgrow it.

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 01:10:48 AM »
Sounds like a great time.If you want to come up to michigan ,can stay on my property.shoot untill your hearts content ,fish for muskey and walleye on black lake.I can take you out salmon fishing on the great lakes.walk through a close combat handgun course.Eat ,drink and in general make a nuisance of ourselves.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 08:00:23 AM »
actually I will be traveling from upstate NY to OK in August for my step sons graduation... well be their for an extended weekend....not sure of the dates yet, I have to ask the 'ole lady...but I have to use a little of my vacation in April to go to D.C. for a wedding... other than that I'm sure I could squeeze in a weekend somewhere.
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline biteme

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 08:20:19 AM »
The shootin’/fishin’ options appeal to me.
Darn near every time these things are planned they fall in during the more favorable weather of the summer months and when the kids are out of school to boot.
This is when I gotta work, so I seldom make an appearance.

I have seen these done many times with other groups of common interest on line as well as back in the 70’s with some radio clubs I have been involved with.

The one’s that had the better attendance were held in areas such as national parks where controlling family members that had little interest in chewing the fat with hunter types and blasting beer cans with their .17’s could find alternative activities within the area… The park scene puts a hurtin’ to the shooting options which could be rather important to me, especially if a killer jacket with a embroidered Gutpile logo on the back was offered as a prize in a competitive event.(hint),  but some joint thinkin’ might produce a creative alternative……
A Photo thief owns this forum

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 09:59:51 AM »
    that'd be pretty awsome. but like lady T said, it would be hard to get everyone togetherat the same time.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 11:36:06 AM »
That would be a riot! We could live trap a PETA sheeple and spray them down with some of Stony's doe in heat lure, and then turn them loose in the woods.  :twisted:  ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 11:37:53 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D  Very good idea John  :twisted:
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 05:28:47 PM »
Have her at my ranch in Alberta. I'll start rounding up the scotch early, so i got enough. Me and ol' Baretrax could show you boy's and girl's what the big north is all about.
You boys sure you won't need this old Indian show you how to really drink that hard stuff?  Notice, I didn't say "handle", I said, "drink". :D  ;D  ;D  ;D The loser has to drink a pint of Stony's deer scent.  :shock: :twisted: Worse yet, get hosed down with the stuff and have to run through the woods. :shock: :twisted:  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 05:51:35 PM »
It was either last year or the year before we talked about doing something like this.  As to be expected though, it kinda' fell through due to everyone being busy and not being able to really find a good place to have it.  At one point we all were going to converge on Gutpile's house and camp in his yard! :twisted:

I'd be up for trying to get together.  Maybe Ks_Sniper can come through with the planning and the place.  He's in Missouri now isn't he?  Mad River can pick everyone up in the mini-van!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments