October 24, 2017, 07:38:12 AM

Author Topic: Why so Long before Telling the Truth?  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Why so Long before Telling the Truth?
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 10:06:41 PM »
Me personally, I'm about tired of all of the press that this is getting! >:(  How many of you have been peppered with shotgun pellets before?  I have gotten it during dove hunting, squirrel hunting, and once rabbit hunting.  If I've gotten peppered that many times, I know there's plenty of other guys out there that have gotten it also.  How many times do you hear on the Local or National news about someone getting peppered with a shotgun?

My opinion, it shouldn't make any difference if the guy was the V.P. or just Joe Shmoe.  BFD if it didn't get "reported to the media".  What business is it of theirs?  Yes, it should have been reported to law enforcement personnel, but that's about the extent of it.  Why should anyone have to answer to anyone other than law enforcement or the fish and wildlife dept., as to what happened?  If I were Cheney, I wouldn't have told anyone except the landowner and the local law enforcement.  If questioned why, I would have asked what business it was of anyone elses?

All this crap just pisses me off to no end! >:(  Cheney shouldn't have to answer to anyone except law enforcement as to what happened.  After they've finished thier investigation, the case is closed and over in my opinion. :-X :-X :-X
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 11:01:24 PM »
You are 100% right BC. Other than a reason to sling more mud the press had no reason to know. Just goes to show the importance of knowing where everyone in the party is at all times. If you gfet seperated make damn sure when you catch up that they know where you are coming from
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 01:50:31 AM »
BC makes a very good point. It's the law, shootings have to be reported to law enforcement, and it's no business of the press as to what happened.  If a law was broken, we would depend on the courts to settle it. Nowdays, the starving, rabid press folks will convict before the courts will. What Cheney did was an accident and was uncalled for, but still is leagally an accident. I am sure both are feeling really bad about the whole thing of the shooting. The shooting victim doesn't seem upset with his hunting pal, considering it an accident, so the press should leave it alone, but we know they will worry the bone without considering anyone's feelings. That's news, nothing else comes into consideration, especially personal feelings of the victims. Like BC said, many of us have been rained by shot while hunting near shotgunners,  numerous times.  If it had been a traffic accident, the press coverage would have been much less and would have not made the nest day's paper, except for an update as to how the injured are recovering.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline biteme

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 06:17:32 AM »
If a politician farts, it’s gonna make the news.
Right or wrong that comes with the job.
Like anyone else that has bird or squirrel hunted, I’ve had shot rain down on me but never what I would consider being “peppered” even with a harmless spray. If I was to find myself getting peppered on a regular basis, I’d be looking for some new hunting partners. I really think putting a man in the hospital with a 30-yard shot is a far cry from getting rained on.

I despise the media attention to this incident due to it will/has gained worldwide attention and will be used for years to come by anti-gun and hunting groups to aid their cause.

A Photo thief owns this forum

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 07:45:31 AM »
BC is right, but Jeff is also right, we may not like the press for their reactions to the whole thing, or why they find the polititions to pick on. Their is also the fact that both men are to fualt on this, Cheney for not making sure of his target, or it's back drop, and Whit for not paying attention to his fellow hunter, and putting himself in harms way. I know that the only ting everybody should be glad of is that both men turned out alright in this accident, and are stepping up to their mistakes.

On the other hand it was reported to the Laws officals, and now Cheney is facing a F/G laws citation for not having a stamp to hunt up-land bird, so with the more news about the truth that we find out, I think everything was done in the right way, and the nurse who saw it as her duty to report the whole thing should pay the price for breech of Doctor/Patinet rule, in which she has down, now I would like to see where her charges are.  ???
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline john

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 01:09:08 PM »
anyone else notice the media is more interested in gettign him for his error then anything else? not a word about how bad he must feel for hitting his friend? not a word about how his hunting is probably ruined because his buddys will probably not trust him after this.
it was a horrible mistake on his part, but imagine how he must feel knowing he hurt his friend. he no doubt is beating himself up more then anyone else.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 07:08:01 PM »
At least now we've discovered weapons of mass destruction- D :Dick Cheney's shotgun
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline biteme

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 09:21:05 PM »
The question thats been buggin' me is,  we all know he got the lawyer. but did he hit the bird??

Offline john

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 01:43:57 PM »
actually it turns out they did notify the local press... just not the whitehouse press core... so as far as their concerned it was hidden,,,,,get your egos in check press core!

Offline biteme

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 05:22:08 PM »
I see Cheney addressed my question this afternoon in his statement about this mess.
According to what I just read on Fox news, he said he had no idea if he had hit the bird or not. His explanation seemed understandable and just the fact that he made mention of it kinda tells me he might be more than just a weekend warrior of a hunter….

Facebook Comments