October 21, 2017, 06:32:36 AM

Author Topic: How's things in your neck of the woods?  (Read 2280 times)

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
How's things in your neck of the woods?
« on: February 17, 2006, 12:02:34 AM »
Well sure, just a couple of days after Valentines and Mother nature whips up a good old spankin up here in Wisconsin. Shoot I've been asking for some snow so I could do a little bunny hunting but this  is ridicules... It's been snowing for 24 hrs. now and we must have a good 10 or12 inch's. Just when I needed the the old snow blower the most she took a dump ( 18 yrs. old ). Man I love it up here but when the snow comes up past your car door and theres no place to put it anymore...well enough is enough! So thats it , those Bunny's are going to pay. Well now that I'm done complaining how"s thing in your neck of the woods?
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
Re: How's things in your neck of the woods?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 01:17:56 AM »
Its been warmer this season then most. Not to good for ice fishing.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 07:08:34 AM »
I agree with eddie I was thinkin of seeing if the cat fish came out of the mud yet, but starting today we are supposed to finally get some real winter started... I just hope the bullheads havent started their annual spawn run yet cause thats what I look forward to each april/may...a bucket full of bullheads and a hot pan of greese...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 07:23:53 AM »
Wednesday and Thursday, it was up to almost 70 degrees here in KY.  Yesterday morning when I left for work it was 56 degrees.  This morning it's 30, with the high today only supposed to get up to 35! :shock:  And to beat all, we're supposed to get a couple of inches of snow tonight!

It's like they say about KY's weather, "If you don't like it, wait a few hours, it'll change." :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 07:41:11 AM »
I was just watching the local weather... wind gusts of 70+ mph. in upstate NY, winter is finally comming...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 07:45:38 AM »
-27.4 here this morning, wind gusts up to 24 mph.  That makes for a -60ish wind chill............this sucks........
it's supposed to break 0 tommorrow though.......(heat wave)
Proud Democrat

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 07:49:57 AM »
I was just watching the local weather... wind gusts of 70+ mph. in upstate NY, winter is finally comming...

We didn't get the wind last night, or the other sh*t they were calling for. Warmer than ussaully for V.T. this year, no snow left.  :'(
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 09:03:24 AM »
It's been warm the last few days.  The other night, on the way home from work it was 58.  Last night the high winds came in; the neighbors garbage cans were blown up against the minivan.  The temperature is to start falling this afternoon, with a low of 11 on Saturday.  There are supposed to be a few snow showers, but no real accumulation.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 09:11:14 AM »
We barely had any snow this year but she just made up for it. The weather has been unseasonably warm and our ice hasn't been good at all... worst sturgeon spearing year I can remember. Two weeks ago the wife took some cuttings off a few flowering shrubs we have and got them sprouting in the house... it has been so nice that things got fooled into thinking Spring was here.
Rabbit hunting ends this month so I will try to get my butt out a time or two. Should have gone out first thing this morning, the little buggers were out after the storm and in the moon light...well a guy could have had some fun. I'm starting to get cabin fever and can't wait for spring fishing. We had a huge fish fry a few weeks back, did pretty good out on the ice, but I would rather fish in the warmer weather...Think Spring!
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline biteme

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 10:51:03 AM »
We had a cold front move in on Sunday, Zero and I were out in the kayaks touring a local swamp at the time. The winds got a little strong, we had 44mph gusts. There were 2 miles of open lake to negotiate to get home, hefty white capping waves all the way, but it went well. Turned out to be a rather good day to be out and about.
After the front set in the temps dropped like a hammer. I'm in a rather warm spot being on the river and surrounded by swamp on two sides. The low hit 28 degrees but it bounced back up after a couple of days. It's presently 71 degrees and sunny @ 10:50am here in central Florida....

My weather data is pretty accurately recorded on my Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus Weather Station.
A Photo thief owns this forum

Facebook Comments