October 20, 2017, 04:58:16 AM

Author Topic: How's things in your neck of the woods?  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Zero

Re: How's things in your neck of the woods?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 11:09:34 AM »
Man that was a fun run... :P

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 11:16:44 AM »
yup. we got dumped on by the snow gods too. then it warmed up to 50 yesterday, now this morning its 10 degrees. i took my new pup out in the yard this morning and she just looked at me as if to say" you want me to do what in this cold? have you noticed this snow is deeper then my legs are long? and my belly doesn't have fur yet?"

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 11:26:35 AM »
We had a bunch of freezing rain Tues. night, roads a real mess. It's supposed to have a high here of about +15 today, but the wind has been blowing hard . Tonight, around 0, with high winds. Tuesday night I had to radio for an ambulance for a fella that fell and smacked the back of his head on the ice and concrete. His jacket hood drawstring was choking him, so I had to untie the knot around his throat before he could talk, and then keep him comfortable as I could until the ambulance got there. It took the EMTs about 25 minutes to get there because of the freezing rain. He's going to be OK, from the hospital report. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, near midnight during the storm and high winds. It was in a pretty isolated spot near some unoccupied buildings and a fenced off parking lot where he couldn't even get to his car. That was a bad night to be on patrol. The other patrols were ordered to stay near HQ because of the ice.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »
    its been a REALLY mild winter fom me in new york, but its really cold and windey today. hopfully we'll get hit with a real blisard. The so called blisard last week was a drag. only 6 inches or so  >:(

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
Been outside most of the day today, working on the truck and wearing a t-shirt. High today is probably about 62-63. Yessir nice day in NC 8)
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 11:06:37 PM »
I want to be ellwood. O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 11:48:05 PM »
Mad, you sure that minivan wasn't trying to climb in the trashcan ? Poke...Poke.
Went to work at 8am yesterday, it was 71. I had heard the weather report and being in Missouri, I don't trust the weather. I took my heavy coat in with me. When I left for job 2 at 5pm it was 27. When I left job 2 at 10:30 it was 19. They're predicting a high of 19 tomarrow with some snow.and low of 3 tomarrow night. I think old man winter just woke up and found he was behind.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 10:31:42 PM »
its been reellllllly freezing today, kinda sucks  :-\

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 06:14:38 PM »
I don't have all the figures , but earlier this week we had sub-zero temps. With the wind chill factored in it was like -20 to -30 ish... not my favorite time of the season. I took a peek out the window yesterday and there was a big old cotton tail sitting on the side of the garage in the sun and out of the wind... I just don't know how critters do it in this weather. I didn't even have the heart to get the pellet gun out, heck the bullet probably would have bounced off his frozen hide.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Facebook Comments