October 24, 2017, 03:46:00 AM

Author Topic: New to this site and Bowhunting!!  (Read 883 times)

Offline Longislandhunter

New to this site and Bowhunting!!
« on: February 17, 2006, 12:18:22 AM »
Hello everybody.  I am from Long Island New York and i have been a rifle/shotgun hunter for the past few years.  I am just know getting into Bowhunting.  I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself.  BTW I have bben in search of a used Bowtech tomkat so if anybody has one that they might want to part with let me know.  I am a RH shooter.

Thanks to all and I will be chatting with you real soon.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: New to this site and Bowhunting!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 06:53:02 AM »
welcome... I live in cato, NY and have been a shotgun hunter for 13 years and bow hunted for the first time last season... I definitly promote venison in the freezer but bow hunting in NY is the way to get in the woods while the deer are in rut... that is the key to monster bucks (though I didnt kill one during bow season, I was an inch and a half off my mark and nailed the tree I was waiting for him to pass by, and never saw him again the rest of the bow season or shotgun season) but bow hunting during the rut definitly hooked me uncomparably for the amount of unsuspecting deer that I saw undisturbed...though just out of range...anyways good luck to you this coming season and practice, practice, pracitice all summer long is the only advice I got... but anyways there is alot of good info and commradere at this site...welcome...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 09:06:39 AM »
Welcome to the site. O0  You will get all kinds of useful tips and tricks on here. :)  Join in the conversations when you can. ???
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 12:35:47 PM »
  hey, welcome to gut pile style. I liive in new york in the hudson valley. not to far from long island. what do u mostly hunt?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »
Welcome, Hunter220! you have journeyed to the mountain and have fallen among questionable company. Just joking! These rascals are the best bunch on the planet, actually.   O0 In fact, we are in the process of organizing a real get together when the weather is decent. If you see some members' pictures in your local post office, don't bring it up at the get together, please.  :shock:  :wink:  :roll:  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 10:35:09 PM »
Welcome, Hunter220! you have journeyed to the mountain and have fallen among questionable company. Just joking! These rascals are the best bunch on the planet, actually.   O0 In fact, we are in the process of organizing a real get together when the weather is decent. If you see some members' pictures in your local post office, don't bring it up at the get together, please.  :shock:  :wink:  :roll:  ;D  ;D  ;D

wait do u meen "welcome longislandhunter" ?  im a GPS member now  :D    lol

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 10:27:47 AM »
Ooooops!  Sorry, guys!  :-[  :D  :'(  :shock:

wait do u meen "welcome longislandhunter" ?  im a GPS member now  :D    lol
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments