December 12, 2017, 03:12:55 AM

Author Topic: weather trying to break and idiots  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
weather trying to break and idiots
« on: February 18, 2006, 07:06:01 PM »
ok all some of you know some dont know i ride a bike in the good season, (read that as when its over 50 degrees) so as a service to both riders and non riders alike, please keep an extra eye out not all of us pay attention, and not all of us reat fast enough. these two pictures are from sweden, bike was traveling at approx. 150mph, and by the time he saw the car he couldnt do anything. killed the cycleist, and the two people in the car. all i can say is you may be the safest driver in the world, but what about the other guy there??
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: weather trying to break and idiots
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 09:00:59 PM »
 :shock: :shock:  wow thatll teach ya. like the whole bike is in the car!

Offline Morax

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 09:11:34 PM »
yeah they cleaned it up and stuck it as a exhibit at a cycle show over there... but its a good reminder for both cycle rider and for auto drivers..  aparently the little write up that went with it stated the car was flipped upside down and thrown 10 foot to the side from the impact of the bike...

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 07:33:21 AM »
actually, I had a good friend in high school, we both worked at UPS part-time as we were leaving after the shift, I was talking to another friend, heard this guys bike haul ass down the road and suddenly we heard a God awfull noise I cant explain. he was doing over 70 just down the road and hit a parked tractor trailor that had broke down in the right hand lane of the road. The tractor trailor never moved to the right before not moving and my friend never moved to the left to pass... It was absolutly one one of the worst sounds I have ever heard.
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 09:47:23 AM »
That is a real sobering reminder, to be watching for the crotch rockets.  A few years ago there was a bad wreck across the river  from here.  A fella on a Harley hog hit a pickup head on. Both the rider and the pickup driver were killed instantly.  Toxology tests proved both were drunk. It happened just after the village's many roadside taverns closed for the night, and both vehicles were traveling at a high rate of speed.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline john

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 07:31:45 AM »
did they give the age of the biker? those crotch rockets kill more young people then any other bike. i hate them for that reason. kids just aren't mature enough to handle that kind of power. they should spend some time on more sedate bikes before they can have one of them.

Offline Morax

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 08:31:18 AM »
did they give the age of the biker? those crotch rockets kill more young people then any other bike. i hate them for that reason. kids just aren't mature enough to handle that kind of power. they should spend some time on more sedate bikes before they can have one of them.

not that i had seen age wise, and it is not the bike that does it per se, but it is the maturity level, mental rediness of the given situation that does the deed itself, power is relivent as well, yes easier to kill yourself and or others on something faster, there is a name for riders who ride fast/hard/irresponcable.. they are called SQUIDS, stupid kids.. but i look at it as natures way of weeding out the idiots.. my bike does the 1/4 mile in a hair over 11 seconds, tops out at 150ish but now i was in my worst crash going a whopping 15-20 mph in a parking lot.. not my fault. scenerio #2 a friend of mine was killed on a kz1100 he had 15 years riding experiance, and could ride well, he ended up eating a wall when the throttle stuck..

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 10:12:20 AM »
Both DOAs were in their 40's or 50's with histories of DUIs. That was the result of the accident across the river from me, not the one in the picture.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 09:44:28 PM by John Andrews »
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 11:40:44 AM »
Both DOAs were in their 40's or 50's with histories of DUIs.

ok but what about the passenger in the car also? was 2 in car 1 on bike..

Offline john

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 07:57:19 AM »
ive been riding since the 60's my first bike was an army surplus indian. (AND GOD YES I WISH I STILL HAD IT)  oly time i've been down so far was about 5 miles an hour as i came out of my drive about two years ago. we'd had a wind storm and there were a bunch of twigs on the ground, made pretty good roller bearings as it turned out. broke my mirror and scratched up my helmet.
i looked at that helmet and thought, jeeze as ugly as i am its a good thing i wear a helmet, wouldn't help me any if that had been my face.

Facebook Comments