October 19, 2017, 01:39:25 AM

Author Topic: cabelas stores  (Read 2200 times)

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
cabelas stores
« on: February 19, 2006, 05:08:53 PM »
Where is the closest Cabelas store to Nashville TN? Anyone.............
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: cabelas stores
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »
Go to WWW.CABELAS.COM, look at the left side bar and click RETAIL STORES. That will list all stores, locatoions, etc... even new ones under construction.
Looks like the nearest one is Kansas City, KS.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 12:21:36 AM »
I've been to that one. I LOVE their giant aquarium. Not sure whether I should get my fishing gear or a .223 with armor piercing rounds. All them fish just scream to me for lemon wedges and butter. :twisted:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 01:19:36 AM »
damn.........doesn't help me at all :'(..........the wifes going to Nashville in 11 days and I was hoping she'd grab me the reloading kit I want seeing as Cabelas won't ship it to Canada...............

Offline biteme

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 06:31:33 AM »
If they refuse to do business with you due to the region you choose to live in I’d never even consider giving them a dime of my money.
A few companies out there refuse to ship to Alaska as well, I mark them off my list of stores to ever do business with.
I’m well aware Canada has some unique qualities of their own when it comes to firearms, but a gun cleaning kit? Gemme a break….

Cabelas stuff isn’t that great, it’s always seemed to be moderate merchandise priced just a tad over a matching moderate price.

The only thing they got going for them is they had enough money to build really cool stores that seem to mesmerize their customers with their over whelming wildlife displays as well as being stocked to the hilt with merchandise.

Geewhizz, I wonder how they can afford to do that? It’s sure not due to having rock bottom prices on quality gear…..

Cabelas isn’t the only show in town, try Sportsmans Warehouse or better yet, support your local sporting good store. Most the smaller independent stores, where you can speak with the managers or owners are more than willing to order in something special for you.

If we keep supporting all these huge corporations with all our business, one day all that were gonna be left is a handful of options when we go out to make a purchase.
I’ve never minded for a minute, paying a couple of percent more to support the little guy that don’t have the buying power of the corporate level stores.
I saw an interesting thing happen when they opened a walmart store on Kodiak Island.
Most all the small stores that once carried unique merchandise shut down. It’s just a small isolated environment that is certainly representative of any larger community for how these huge corporations affect the other businesses, it just happened quicker there.
Now Kodiak is blessed with bargain priced Taiwan garbage and few options.

Sorry to come off with such a rant, but It just cut’s right through me ever time I here somebody talking about these huge operations and how great they are………… 
A Photo thief owns this forum

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 06:58:19 AM »
I agree with Jeff to an extent. these big companies like cabellas are putting the independant fur trader/ tackle shops out of buisiness. in my neck of the woods we have 3 major outdoor stores and 2 local places I like to frequent. I justify going to a larger store like wal-mart to buy shotgun shells after the seasons close because they roll-back the prices. I watch the ad sales for Gander Mountain, Dick's,and Bass Pro. then while I am driving I watch the roads during the season for racoon or whatever may be on the side of the road to take to the fur shed and whatever money I get from that I spend their plus a couple of bucks, plus deer hides or coyote hides... I usually end up spending the same at the local out fitter/fur shed as I do at the big stores throughout the year...I'm not a big spender, I have all that I need that has worked for me, I know that isnt the case for alot of hunters/fisherpeople (politically correct) but I keep in contact with the local guy just as much as I do the larger corps.
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 07:25:17 AM »
YUP I'm with you guys on the big stores. Usually I go to them just so I can check out the merchandise and then go order and buy it from the little guy. One thing the little guy has over the big guy is that he doesn't have all that overhead and can keep his profit markup to a min. Also after a while he actually remembers you as a returning customer...try an get that at the big store. I'm all for giving my money to support the little guy, though I won't pass up a bargin anywhere.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 05:02:20 PM »
You guys are right. A fella should support the little guy, and I do. The onliest problem is I get on the Cabelas web site and its just like....................an addiction. I gotta buy.....buy.....buy....... ;D It's kinda like sittin around the campfire, and GP passes the 'shine bottle bottle around..........more............more...........more ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 09:43:03 PM »
I'm still waiting for the jug to make it down the line to me. Watch the Sasquatches, they will drain the jug.  :wink:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 10:03:10 PM »
I'm still waiting for the jug to make it down the line to me. Watch the Sasquatches, they will drain the jug.  :wink:  ;D

(Hiccup.) I'll pass it soon. (Hiccup)  :twisted:
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Facebook Comments