October 21, 2017, 11:58:26 AM

Author Topic: Bobcat's  (Read 1367 times)

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Bobcat's
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:47:36 AM »
Lets me say that seeing a Bobcat in VT is like Mad River seeing the end to the minivan pokes.  ;D

All right to the point. I have been hunting since I was 12 yrs old, and up until Thanksgiving Day 2005 I have never seen a Bobcat in the wild before. Then this morning on my way into work I saw another one running along side Rte 7, inside city limits. This time I got a real close look at him or her, and I must say they are one pretty cat. I'm wondering if this is a sign that they are making a comeback into VT, or they have found it easier to live off house cats, and ankle bitters.
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Bobcat's
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 08:26:49 AM »
Bobcats have really made a comeback. Congratulations on the sighting, Marlin!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 08:35:41 AM »
Lets me say that seeing a Bobcat in VT is like Mad River seeing the end to the minivan pokes. ;D

Nice jab you sick little monkey. :twisted:  Nothing like a minivan reference to get the blood flowing in the morning. ;D

I hear the bobcat population is growing by leaps and bounds in the Northeastern part of the country, along with the coyote population.  I myself haven't seen one in the wilds yet, but I have seen tracks on a few occasions.  Congratulations on your sighting.  Now, you will need to get into trapping, score one of the little buggers, and get Lady_T to mount it.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 10:11:43 AM »
was camping in cooks forest, brookville area, north of me and was up one morning to see one from about 70 yards, just walking through.... beauty! then this passed summer the wife called me at work to tell me she seen a cat in the back yard, described it to me i told her it was a overgrown house cat, go pet it hehehhehe then i came home and pull a few pics off the net to get her to id it correctly and it was bob the cat alright!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 10:22:22 AM »
Lets me say that seeing a Bobcat in VT is like Mad River seeing the end to the minivan pokes. ;D

Nice jab you sick little monkey. :twisted:  Nothing like a minivan reference to get the blood flowing in the morning. ;D

I hear the bobcat population is growing by leaps and bounds in the Northeastern part of the country, along with the coyote population.  I myself haven't seen one in the wilds yet, but I have seen tracks on a few occasions.  Congratulations on your sighting.  Now, you will need to get into trapping, score one of the little buggers, and get Lady_T to mount it.

You forgot to add that I could bring along on a P.E.T.A. hunt for the Beer Battered kitty.  :twisted:
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 09:30:56 PM »
The population is growing in MN too.  Bobcat, lynx, hybrids, and cougars.  It's really neat to see them.  I've seen a few of each.  I have a hard time telling a lynx and a bobcat apart when I'm driving.  They make a eerie cry out when they find food.  Heard it once at night at a friends hunting shack.  We shined the field to see what the hell was out there and it was a bobcat on top of a gut shot deer.  We have a picture at the hunting shack of a courage outside of it at night.  The thing is sooo big it's belly is almost touching the ground.  Next time I get out there I'll have to pick it up and show you guys. 
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline olhippie

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 09:43:27 PM »
....There's a bunch of bobcats on the deer lease a friend and I have here in Greene county Georgia. WE see ALOT of sign,more than anywhere i've ever hunted,but they move mostly at night and seeing one in the daylight is rare. My hunting buddy shot one last year during a deer hunt. Hit the poor critter with a 7X57 Mauser. Salvaged a front half and back half with the middle pretty much vaporized..CCI loads a 22RF round called the SGB (small game bullet) that is a 40gr bullet with a small meplat at 1280fps. It's a deadly round,with excellent balance between energy delivery,and penetration. It's not necessary for squirrel but is great for coon,cat,rabbit,and fox.

Offline Lady_taxidermist

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
    • http://www.brandonwildlifestudio.com
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 10:39:23 PM »
Well, i can't ever remember anyone talking about a poor bobcat population here...

We are allowed 20 per season, and most avid hunters/trappers fill their limit yearly. So far i have issued CITIES tags for over 200 cats this season.

Wish we had lynx though...those are some cute lynx babies in the pic above!

LadyT
Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Sometimes i aim to please, but mostly i just shoot to kill.

All of us were born crying. Some of us outgrow it.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 06:26:41 AM »
when I was in middle school, we had some people come into our school whith Linx's (is that plural??) and talked about how they wanted to bring the Linx back to the Adirondack park in upstate NY... so we sold candy bars and stuff to buy a couple a linx to be relesed in the park...I dont remember exactly how many we adopted, but the linx became our middle school mascott...it was cool then,but  now that were talking about it, I'm wondering how the population is doing, cause there isnt a season yet, I sure would like to have one taxi'd... and show my old teachers...LOL...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments