December 11, 2017, 08:16:55 AM

Author Topic: Let's hear it on the bows........  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Let's hear it on the bows........
« on: February 26, 2006, 03:29:25 PM »
kjbowhunter's post got me to thinking.  (yes, that's dangerous  :roll: )   What do you fellas think is the best bow for the buck out there right now?  After talking with that darn Stony, he's got me hankerin' to get serious about bow hunting.  I've had good intentions for the past few years, but something always comes up and I'm not in the woods until the boomsticks are going. 

Now remember, we talking affordable - not something that an olympic hopefull is shooting with right now.  The Bladerunners have me drooling, but I don't know if my allowance can cover it.   :-\ 

What do you guys / gals think about all of them out there?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 03:31:48 PM by Gutpiles »
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Let's hear it on the bows........
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 04:26:12 PM »
my personal favorite is just a plain new bear takedown recurve......

Proud Democrat

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 04:54:20 PM »
With your money GP, you should get the biggest, baddest bow out there. Money is no object. "If you don't spend it, you may drown in it"- MC Hammer
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 05:06:49 PM »
GP,
I just picked up one of those Bladerunner bows. I previously had a Mattews SQ2 because I personally like small axle to axle bows for hunting out of climbing tree stands. My old Mattews was 31" axle to axle and it was ok for the straight down shots that sometime presented themselves.  With the Bladerunner, the axle to axle is only 26" and is a small little power house that I don't have to worry about the limbs hitting the tree stand when I'm shooting at a steep downward angle.

I started shooting it at the Shade Bowmans Paper Range 3 weeks ago and it is a really accurate bow. I'm able to hold pretty tight groups with it, holes through fletching and knocking nocks type groups.  The bow came with a Whisker Biscuit rest and I really didn't like it because the bow is so fast that it rips the fletching from the arrow shafts.  I put a TM Hunter type rest on it but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Everyone is under the impression that small axle to axle bows are unforgiving to the shooter, well I have to say that this bow is a true centerfire bow and every movement is cancelled by the way the cam system is set up. This cam setup virtually eliminates the shock and recoil of flinging an arrow plus the viberation is reduced almost to zero. There is no need for a stabilizer because there is no wasted release energy because it is all directed by the cam system into the arrow.

All in all and in my opinion, I think the bladerunner is by far the smoothest and most forgiving bow I have shot to date and the price isn't really all that bad compared to compairable bows. O0

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 05:13:37 PM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 05:14:19 PM »
Blade..........Runner......Mmmmmmmmm................

Dang it Stony!!!!!!   :roll:

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 06:01:32 PM »
Peer..................Pressure................ :twisted:

I only have two words to say; Archers Paradox.   Bladerunner virtually eliminates limb twist, wheel lean and riser deflection with it's true center fire system. This means flatter shooting, longer ranges, harder hitting and more accuracy.

Here is a movie clip showing archer's paradox. Notice the arrow oscillation, which causes wind drag, friction, and slows the arrow dramatically.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 07:47:38 PM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 07:52:35 PM »
With your money GP, you should get the biggest, baddest bow out there. Money is no object. "If you don't spend it, you may drown in it"- MC Hammer

LOL - yeah, I'm more like the modern day MC Hammer.   B-R-O-K-E !!!! 

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 08:05:22 PM »
I think there are so many good products out there right now ,that you have to shoot a few and see which one is best for you.My self I shoot a browning omni and this is right for me,but everyone is differnt.I do think that to many people are getting caught up with speed .

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 07:45:15 AM »
at 29 yro. I finally got into bow hunting, though I tried to get into the bow classes for like 3 years before but the were always full, well I took my class at a "bow indoor club"and they had used bows for sale, I fell in love with a bow "highlander" that was in my price range $300 bare bow, I made payments on it unti9ll it was mine with whisker bisquet rest and little john sites... came to almost 400 dollars but with the exception that the string has to be replaced every year($35) its dead nuts on and also good enough for my step kid to use this year, cause I'm gonna buy a high country off my father in law thats not single cam, and I should hold onto that for 5-6 years before I really upgrade to truley expensive and high tech. , but after my first year bow hunting I am totally hooked, its the best time of hunting if it fall before shotgun/rifle season opens in your state...and/or during the rut...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 10:10:29 PM »
Forget about them "sissy" bows!  Get you a REAL bow!!!!! :twisted:

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments