November 22, 2017, 06:44:19 PM

Author Topic: turkey hunting  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Squirrel Commander

• Gut Pile Club Member
turkey hunting
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:58:25 PM »
Who is excited for spring turkey. I sure as heck know i am
One shot, make 'em drop like a rock.

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: turkey hunting
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 02:58:08 PM »
I am already in preparation and can't wait. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline olhippie

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 05:56:17 PM »
....I'm seeing a 'ton' of turkey sign in the area I squirrel hunt. Five birds walked across the logging road as I pulled in to my last squirrel hunt there(all hens).
     .I'm looking forward to getting out my calls and warming up!Squirrel season ended today,turkey's next up..

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »
I am really excited about the upcoming season!!  Our birds here in Texas are already in flocks and the gobblers are strutting for the hens.  This is making me a little concerned about the breeding season being over before hunting season starts.  We had similar conditions last year and the turkeys wouldn't answer any calls and the hunting was rough!!
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 10:02:15 PM »
I'm just patiently biding my time. ^-^  I will say though, if I don't get to kill something soon, I'm going to be tougher to live with than an Irish red-headed woman with menopause after being told she's fat! :shock: :shock: :shock:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 02:03:24 AM »
I'm just patiently biding my time. ^-^  I will say though, if I don't get to kill something soon, I'm going to be tougher to live with than an Irish red-headed woman with menopause after being told she's fat! :shock: :shock: :shock:
  :shock: ;D  ;D  ;D BC, get 'er done!  O0 I see a lot of turkeys at work, the two legged wild ones we are talking about.  This is the worst time of year, negative hunting.  :'(
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 05:54:45 AM »
I've always used a hen call with a jake and hen decoy, well I'm so exited about our May turkey season that the other day I picked up a jake/tom gobbler call...it drives my dog nuts, not to mention my 'ole lady...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline squirrellchef

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 06:40:47 AM »
dam stairt im redy for it i all ready have a nice big one in the feil be hinde my house with a huge tom man i sware he stands bout 4 1/2 feet tall hel look even better in my freezer
RED-NECKS KEEPIN' THE WOODS CRITTER FREE SINCE 1885

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 09:13:43 AM »
dam stairt im redy for it i all ready have a nice big one in the feil be hinde my house with a huge tom man i sware he stands bout 4 1/2 feet tall hel look even better in my freezer

4 1/2 feet tall huh?  Sorry, but I call
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline squirrellchef

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 09:28:49 AM »
wow big cal i was wonderin who would of counght on to the 4 1/2 foot tall thing  ;D i know he ant that big but hes a good size well let see who else caches on lol

i dont know about you but i ant neva seen one that big
RED-NECKS KEEPIN' THE WOODS CRITTER FREE SINCE 1885

Facebook Comments