November 24, 2017, 11:46:53 AM

Author Topic: turkey hunting  (Read 4999 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: turkey hunting
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 09:31:10 AM »
There's some really good birds that come out of Hoskins' area. O0  There's a pretty good population of them there as well.  Just ask the grouse hunters in the area what they think of the turkey population. ;D

Good deal on the birds Strutter. O0  You need to try to throw a rope around a couple of them and tie them to a tree for opening weekend. O0
If that doesn't work, I can get one for him if he doesn't mind some tire tracks on the bird.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 10:46:33 AM »
There's some really good birds that come out of Hoskins' area. O0  There's a pretty good population of them there as well.  Just ask the grouse hunters in the area what they think of the turkey population. ;D
Yeah, there's a good population uo in the mountains and I know some places to go (well I knew of some places back in the 2005 season) Problem is trying to scout and living 2 1/2 hours away from there. My step dad use to turkey hint, but he's gotten too dang lazy!!!!! :tickedoff As far as the grouse hunters, I'm not tracking? I don't know allot about grouse hunting except for when I would walk along very old logging and coal mining roads and kill them. I didn't have a dog so they would scare the POOO out of me when they would flush! :shock: ;D I killed a fair ammount with my 20 ga single shot though!  O0 Do the grouse hunters not like the turkey population because of the turkeys eating up most of the food? ???

If that doesn't work, I can get one for him if he doesn't mind some tire tracks on the bird.
That's awful kind of ya John, but I prefer my turkeys that hasn't been branded by a Goodyear tire! ;D Plus that would take all the fun out of hunting the ole longbeard! O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »
As far as the grouse hunters, I'm not tracking? I don't know allot about grouse hunting except for when I would walk along very old logging and coal mining roads and kill them. I didn't have a dog so they would scare the POOO out of me when they would flush! :shock: ;D I killed a fair ammount with my 20 ga single shot though!  O0 Do the grouse hunters not like the turkey population because of the turkeys eating up most of the food? ???

To put it "mildly", the grouse hunters have an opinion of the turkeys about like John's. ;D  That has kinda been their gripe that the KDFWR is managing for everything but grouse, not to mention that their dogs have been known to "point" turkey quite often. ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline hoskins

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 02:52:43 PM »
To put it "mildly", the grouse hunters have an opinion of the turkeys about like John's. ;D  That has kinda been their gripe that the KDFWR is managing for everything but grouse, not to mention that their dogs have been known to "point" turkey quite often. ;D
Understand  O0 I'd 10 times rather hunt turkey than grouse though!  O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 02:58:21 PM »
Understand  O0 I'd 10 times rather hunt turkey than grouse though!  O0

Yeah, but the grouse hunters in KY are a very vocal minority.  It doesn't stop them though! :uglystupid2

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline hoskins

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 01:50:44 AM »
Yeah, but the grouse hunters in KY are a very vocal minority.  It doesn't stop them though! :uglystupid2
As long as they don't try and screw up the turkey hunting; they can run their mouths as much as they want!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 02:10:58 PM »
As long as they don't try and screw up the turkey hunting; they can run their mouths as much as they want!

I guess I probably shouldn't tell you anymore then.....  :-X :-X :-X

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline hoskins

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 02:37:32 PM »
I guess I probably shouldn't tell you anymore then.....  :-X :-X :-X
Please, by all means----enlighten me O0

Facebook Comments