November 23, 2017, 05:27:28 PM

Author Topic: dogs  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: dogs
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »
well said O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline curdawgs1976

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 11:47:20 AM »
i am sorry if i offended anyone i am just a very critical person on certain things and like for people who are trying to gain knowledge on a subject to get as clear of info as possible and i also believe that alot of people are partial to a certain breed or type of dog and they would promote them even if they did not fit the bill i myself am partial to english coonhounds but would also feed a purple poodle if it treed and had the coon most of the time ilove all dogs equally as long as they have a purpose and do it well at the present tim i own abloodhound 2 english coonhounds a mtn. cur a mini rat terrier a pit bull and an ammerican bullgog they all have they,re purpose and all will tree except for the bloodhound but deer season is coming and we will see then if he is worth his feed also i believe if you check the guiness book of records you will find that a scottish terrier holds the ratting recordno disrespect or harm intended

Offline olhippie

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 08:00:03 PM »
...Curdawg, No offense taken. I looked at my Guiness book (a 1974 edition)  and it says "James Searle's bull terrier bitch "Jenny Lind" killed 500 rats in one hour thirty minutes at the "Beehive" in Liverpool England in 1853 ( a goodly number of years after the recorded 2500 rats in ten hours by a rat terrier had been recorded, I don't know if Jenny Lind lost interest after a hour and a half or what?).. Anyway the rat terrier became more commly called "Rat terrier after that early feat,previously the dog was known as a "Fyest' or "Fiest".  Actualy the rat terrier was the first dog called by the name fiest ..

Offline curdawgs1976

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 06:35:22 PM »
A bid TN hello to all you fellow tree hunters hope all is going well and that everyone is enjoying tree hunting kill season like i am if your state has not opened yet i am truly sorry the leaves are still on here and that makes for difficult finds alot of the time but it is not about the killing it is about being out there and spending time with friends and family our old walker pup trainer is fairly acurrate so if we can't find it in the leaves we just pet him up and send him on [we treed 56 times last november when the leaves were off and killed 47 coons to him so we have alot of confidece in him ] we took a trip to autumn oaks this year one of the largest coonhunts in the country a first for me as well as Black we didn't place but it was sure a learning experience thnks for listening to the ramblings

Offline deertag

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 03:59:52 PM »
i really need to know how to train a dog to tree a tree rat...not paying for it either!lol :'( :wink:
this is my rifle this is my gun this is the toy i use for fun!!!!

Offline olhippie

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 08:08:54 PM »
....Deertag, Rather than posting a lengthy reply to your question here,perhaps it would serve you best to google up "Squirrel dog central" ...You'll find lots of good aqdvice on training ect. there...Good fortune to you..

Offline john

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 09:46:37 AM »
well this is an old thread , but heres a bell the rat terrier update.
she's going on ten months old now and we have started a group called michigan squirrel dog association .
bell is treeing squirrels with a little incouragement. and i' shot four down to her. she also tree'd a 25 pound coon that is now residing in the freezer.
we went on a group hunt and it really helped her running wihtt an experianced dog. she's cover three times the area she did last week.
still not barking on tree, but i nderstand that will come as she ages and gains woods time.
she is like a heat seeking missle in the woods and runs so hard that when she gets home all she wants to do is sleep.
im very happy with how things are going with her.
we have another group hunt the end of the month.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 02:01:05 PM »
shoot john sounds like bell is coming along quite nicely O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments