November 22, 2017, 11:47:42 AM

Author Topic: What is the best shotgun  (Read 5696 times)

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
What is the best shotgun
« on: March 06, 2006, 02:53:29 PM »
In my opinion (big deal) the best shotgun in the world is a Browning Auto-5. I have 3.   One was my grandfathers, made in the 1920's, The second was my dads Made in the 1940's and the third is one I bought in 1986 it was one made in Japan.  I have shot deer with all 3 of these guns and have never had a problem with any of them, in fact the only time they have ever been to a gunsmith is for a cleaning every 3 years (I take one a year) And believe me when I tell you I hunt hard with them no matter what the weather, they are no show guns. O.K. thats my opinion and why whats yours. Oh and by the was these Brownings are no gas recoil wimps.      Mike

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: What is the best shotgun
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:03:03 PM »
Well, I cannot disagree with your choice of shotgun, Browning makes fine weapons.  Personally, I own Two Mossberg Pump Actions, a 500 and an 835.  I have had trouble with neither of them.  The 500 is 22 Years Old and the 835 is about 10 Years Old - I think.  They have both performed flawlessly.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 03:24:46 PM »
I do like Mossbergs because I am left handed and they make a nice pump with the saftey on the back of the gun.  My dad has a Browning Featherlite 20ga overunder, boy is that a sweet gun, very deadly for phesant.... :twisted:
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 03:47:28 PM »
The best shotgun I ever owned was a Winchester 101, an O/U that fit perfectly and operated flawlessly every time.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline squadoosh

• Gut Pile Guide
  • its time to check out
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 04:50:58 PM »
for me if u just put a shotgun infront of me tell me the basics about the gun i wont mind using it O0
its a bird its a plane its a....

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 09:01:28 PM »
Mossberg 500, 'nuff said O0
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 06:51:08 AM »
depends what are we hunting? but i would say best all around would be a ppump, i am particular to the moss 500, its like the old chevy nova, simple but effective, it can be used season wide with little to no problems and is reliable no matter what you do to it
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 02:59:08 AM »
Mossberg 500 12 gauge.Hunt any animal in north america with it  O0
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 04:13:31 AM »
The best shotgun is the first one you can grab when someone kicks in the door.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 07:02:41 AM »
I own a Moss. 500, though for years I owned a remington870 express...I loved it but the recoil was something else. then I was shooting my buddies Moss. one day and I really liked it, I especially like the safety on top for the thumb rather than down by the trigger
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments