December 16, 2017, 08:06:15 AM

Author Topic: Air rifle  (Read 1035 times)

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Air rifle
« on: April 06, 2004, 11:33:54 PM »
I have an air rifle... it is a generic rifle, one pump only fixed barrel.  it was advertised as a 900fps rifle... I understand that the fps will be different with different pellets, and it will be lower than the advertised...
but this is my question...

when I fire the gun the barrel smokes after the pellet goes through...  I know that compressing air causes heat, but can it cause enough heat to ignite any droplets of oil that may be in the air that is forcing the pellet out of the barrel???
it fires fine, with no malfunction, good groups for a pellet gun... so should I even worry???
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
Air rifle
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 12:45:46 AM »
no mine does the same thing except min is a pos it wont sight in b/c my barrel is point down too much and i ave even put shims under the scope and it still shoot low but i think you should be ok
i love shootin squirrel in the head

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Air rifle
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 06:51:47 AM »
I've never heard of that, but then again, I don't mess with air rifles that much.  You should be OK.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments