October 24, 2017, 07:32:10 AM

Author Topic: Crossbows?  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Korean&Proud

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Crossbows?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 08:11:32 PM »
Was looking at the Excalibur sight and they have alot of great instructional videos that download almost instantly for everything from changing the string to assembling a basic crossbow.  Heres the link, hope it helps somebody else but me.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/video.html

K&P
Heres My Signature

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 10:01:59 PM »
Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........Get the Excaliber........You know you want it..........

which one should he get?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 09:06:13 AM »
I went to Cabela's, in Wheeling, WV, yesterday and was looking at the crossbows.  Those Excaliburs are way too sweet and priced accordingly.  I just can talk myself into spending $600.00 for something that flings arrows instead of bullets.  I thought the Barnett Wildcat C5 was pretty nice looking piece, and was half the price.  I didn't buy one, but the wheels are turning.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 06:56:12 PM »
X-bows were legalized here in GA a few years ago amidst a hula-balew of controversy. Everybody had an opinion. They either loved them or hated them. Some archery purists prattled on it would be unfair to use them during archery season and so on. Now after a few seasons it seems it was much ado about nothing.

I never had anything against them and I ONLY SHOOT RECURVES!!! I always laughed at the compound boys who said it gave X-bows an unfair advantage. Yet, when I brought up that compound bows gave them an advantage over traditional archers...They got all hot and bothered....Like the line from Shakespere..Me thinks they doth protest too much! :wink: :wink: ;D

Anywhooo, I have shot a couple and for me the biggest complaint I have is they just don't feel right. I can't get them to sit right in my shoulder and they are to long in the receiver area. But I guess they have to be.

The ones I've seen used that impressed me the most were the ones by Excalibur. They are in affect recurve X-bows but they seem at least to me to be the most accurate and hardest hitting. (out to 35 yards)

They have one big drawback though....They AIN'T CHEAP! You may need to forgo the kids braces or that trip to Disney World if you buy one.

Still all and all, if I ever decided to buy one (not likely but ya' never know) that's the one I'd get.

My 2 Cents.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 07:02:25 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments