September 20, 2018, 10:02:03 PM

Author Topic: huntin stories  (Read 2977 times)

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
huntin stories
« on: April 07, 2004, 12:47:40 AM »
does any one have a good hunting story, i havnt herd a good one in a while so if you got one i'd like to hear it
thanks
i love shootin squirrel in the head

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
huntin stories
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 06:48:19 AM »
No new ones.  I should have some here in about 2 weeks.  Turkey season opens!!! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
huntin stories
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 01:13:03 AM »
BC, remember, NO PRISONERS! Hey, good luck with the turkey hunting! :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
huntin stories
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 08:21:12 AM »
Oh, believe me, there won't be any POW's! :twisted:   I got a couple new recipes for turkey breast I'm wanting to try!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

travo

huntin stories
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 06:21:56 PM »
ive got a really far fetched, maybe unbelievable hunting story that i heard from a friend of a friend whos second cousins aunts brother was out dove hunting and some of his buddies slipped a joke shell into his shotgun shells that was made to throw flames out of the barrel or whistle or something like that. well, supposedly, a dove came in right off the end of his barrel, and the flames from the joke round lit it on fire, and it flew into some dry CRP and started a grass fire. i dont know if this could actually happen, it does seem far fetched, but it is kind of cool to think about.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
huntin stories
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 08:36:41 PM »
I used to hunt with a jokester that would quietly unload your shotgun if you fell asleep in the duck blind. I paid him back. I dumped the shot out of 3 12GA shells and reloaded them with paper confetti. sure enough, he fell asleep in the blind one morning, and I emptied his gun and loaded it with the confetti loads. I woke him up when we had a bunch of mallards working. When we stepped up on the shooting platform and shot, he rapped off two quick shots before he realized what was happening. There were two clouds of paper fluttering in the wind in front of him. It was funny! Ol' Ron got paid back, in spades!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
huntin stories
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 08:54:41 PM »
I was hunting with a pal that shot his really nice '57 Chevy. He parked his car and we went rifle hunting in a field and timber. When we returned to the car, he spotted a rabbit in the field. Ol' Don leaned across his car hood and rapped one off with his scoped Marlin 39A. We heard a funny loud noise, kind of a loud POW WHANG! and the rabbit continued sitting there. Don wondered aloud what the heck was going on. I was standing along side of him, and looked down at the car hood. When he shot he didn't  realize his bore was lined up at his carhood, and the bullet really ripped the hood of his used-to-be cherry car. :oops:  That was one serious rant he had over the goof, but it was funny, even though I didn't dare to laugh :roll:  right then. Yes, he did go ahead and shoot the rabbit, being careful not to shoot his hood again.

Offline john

huntin stories
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 11:30:40 AM »
lol good one. a few years back we had a real tender foot out. teaching him all about hunting deer with muzzle loaders... he seemed to be catching on well, though he tended to embelish his gun knowedge a touch. wegot done hunting on the last day and i told him e better empty his gun, if it was going to be put away for awhile. easiest way is just fire it ,it needs to be cleaned anyway. so he points it away from us and touched it off,,,,, right threw my rear tire....can we say DOH!

travo

huntin stories
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 12:33:02 PM »
a few years ago, i worked at a place that had a hunting membership to a canned hunting place. i never went, but while one of the rich owners  sons were their and his dad(the part owner of our company) was bragging about what a good shot his son was. he didnt get a pheasant, but managed to perfectly center the guides pickup and got the camper, box and cab all in one shot. now THAT  was funny.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
huntin stories
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2005, 11:37:56 PM »
Once while rabbit hunting with a buddy of mine, the dogs had brought this one rabbit by me about 3 times and all I had done was blown craters in the ground. My "buddy" was razzing me pretty good , asking me if I needed lessons or if my barrel was bent. He then took my gun and handed me his 835 Mossberg and said " try this and see if you can do any better." When the bunny came through this time, I was ready. Unbeknown  to me, my "buddy" had slipped a 3 1/2" turkey load behind two low brass field loads. Yep, I got him on the third shot. After I got off the ground, stopped my nosebleed, and picked up what was left of my rabbit, my hearing began to return  and I could hear by buddy across the field, laughing. He was still laughing when I took him home. What are friends for? right :x
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments