October 21, 2017, 03:29:17 PM

Author Topic: Weapon of choice.....  (Read 2774 times)

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Weapon of choice.....
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2003, 11:58:20 PM »
personally i use a laser double-barrel heat seekin' shotgun...lol.  no really i'll use my shotgun and my bow as i am new to bowhuntin' last year. :lol:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Aussie Joe

Weapon of choice.....
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2003, 07:13:31 AM »
I prefer the 30.06 Ruger synthetic stock with stainless barrell.  I chose this caliber because it can handle the game I hunt from Dingo to Sambar Stag it has never let me down.
I'd rather be hunting.

Offline DeathFromAbove

Weapon of choice.....
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2003, 08:01:30 PM »
Quote from: Aussie Joe
I prefer the 30.06 Ruger synthetic stock with stainless barrell.  I chose this caliber because it can handle the game I hunt from Dingo to Sambar Stag it has never let me down.

Wow - I bet a 30-06 really packs a whollup on a dingo!   :twisted:
Anything left after the fact?

Offline Aussie Joe

Weapon of choice.....
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 02:32:53 AM »
DeathFromAbove - Suprisingly enough, a 180grn silvertip 30.06 caliber projectile will do less damage to a Dingo than say, a 55grn .223 caliber projectile.  The pure dingo's have a very small frame so the heavier projectile won't mushroom as fast as it  travel's through the animals body, there for a smaller exit wound is the result!  It does make a hole though :twisted:
I'd rather be hunting.

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
Weapon of choice.....
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2003, 04:52:08 PM »
:lol: Personally I prefer my M-1 Garand 30-06 gas powered semi automatic. 8 round clip  :wink: Let em' run they'll only die tired !!! :twisted:
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Weapon of choice.....
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2003, 07:40:20 PM »
Now that's some serious Bambi heat!   :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Weapon of choice.....
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2003, 08:35:48 PM »
I like my .54 cal muzzleloader!  Been thinking of getting a .338.  Don't ask me why.  There's nothing around here that needs something that big to bring down.  I just want one!!!  I'm weird, I like really small calibers, and really big ones! :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Weapon of choice.....
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2003, 10:59:55 PM »
C.N., what mfg. of your M1? I had one I loved, made by General Motors. I hadda sell it back in the 70's. One of the FINEST rifles ever made, the M1! My favorite rifle I own now is my Savage .17 .
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
Weapon of choice.....
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2003, 09:09:08 PM »
Mines a Springfield. Havent checked out all the particulars on it yet. It does have the arsenial stamps. And came out of arlington Va. But other than that I just know it shoots straight.
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Facebook Comments