November 19, 2017, 11:07:37 AM

Author Topic: What?  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
What?
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 12:07:48 AM »
My mother had surgery on her neck (pinched nerve) about a week after I had surgery.  She still can't lift anything over 5 lbs.  She's been wanting to catch and clean some catfish, but can't because they're getting so big.  I went down today to clean the one we caught yesterday and to try to catch her some more.  Only ended up catching 1 other.  It was about the size of Mason's.  Had 2 other bites.  One got off, and I had the break the line on the other because it got hung in some of the trees that we sank when we built the lake.  I was skeptical about her bait at first, and used some other stuff.  Ended up, her's was the only one getting the bites!  She uses frog heads! :shock:   Any frogs that we catch down there, once we've cleaned them, she takes the heads and freezes them.  When she's ready to fish, she takes a big knife and a hammer and cuts them in half (long-ways).  You have to let the cats run with them a little longer to be sure they've got them down, but the cats love them!!!!!!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
What?
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2004, 10:05:45 AM »
BC, thanks, that's something I'm going to try, the frog heads for bait. I already get enough practice breaking off on snags. Tell your mom to get well, and you keep getting better, too!  :D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
What?
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2004, 08:40:47 AM »
UPDATE. Well, I got the boat motor out of the shop, and it runs like a top. I caught a 12 lb. channel cat on stink bait last weekend. along with a nice mess of regular 1-3 pounders. My wife has taken up fishing again, after about 30 years of non fishing. I think she enjoys the boat rides as much as the fishing. It's nice, having her along. One thing, A place we fish near is a local sandbar beach on an island. Of course, I have to swing close to the beach to go upriver. The bathing beauties are always covering the beach. Too bad my wife doesn't know the channel and realize I don't have to swing that close to the beach to get upriver. Of course, I have to take it slow when I swing by the beach, I don't want to bang the parked boats together with my boat waves. Well, it works for me, anyhow! :shock:  :D  :wink:  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
What?
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2004, 02:40:38 PM »
Good to hear that the wife is getting out with you.  Just getting outside and relaxing does wonders for the body and soul! O:)   It should help her feel better.

As far as swinging in close to the beach..........and you call us Rascals!  Kinda' the pot calling the kettle black, don't you think! :?:  :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments