December 14, 2017, 02:02:50 PM

Author Topic: first weapon,,,,the whamo  (Read 919 times)

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
first weapon,,,,the whamo
« on: March 16, 2006, 02:49:37 PM »
just thinking about the first serious hunting weapon i had. it was a whamo slingshot. anyone else remember them? think they cam out around 58 or so.
i took so many frogs and squirrels with that thing.
for those young uns that have no idea,,,, it was made of oak and had huge rubbers on them. was way before wrist rockets. i think the rubbers were about 3/4 inch wide as i remember. sure would like to have another one. was made by whamo, the same company that made frisbies.

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: first weapon,,,,the whamo
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 04:07:29 PM »
anyone else remember them?  it was made of oak and had huge rubbers on them.  i think the rubbers were about 3/4 inch wide as i remember. sure would like to have another one. .

It is a good thing this is a Family oriented site J.A.  :roll:  :roll:

Yes I had one, well not a whamo, but something the Old man made, exactly like you descride.
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 09:32:50 AM »
Those were awesome! I remember a rich neighbor kid that had the first one we saw, and it was a real killer. We quickly went to work and made some crude homemade ones and bought some of the rubber and pouches for a couple. Yes, they did a real number on squirrels, cats, and rabbits.  :twisted:  :)  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »
Whatever happened to "Wrist Rockets"?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 05:19:22 PM »

Whatever happened to "Wrist Rockets"?

they're still around. i bought one  last year.

Facebook Comments