December 14, 2017, 09:21:27 PM

Author Topic: 22 People Charged with Violations of PA's Game and Wildlife Code  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Release #034-06

FIVE-YEAR INVESTIGATION NETS 22 PEOPLE WITH 117 VIOLATIONS OF GAME AND WILDLIFE CODE
Excessive infractions required lengthy investigation

HUNTINGDON -- On March 2, Matthew Ronald Baker, 40, a Huntingdon County deer processor, was found guilty before District Judge Richard Wilt of eight counts of illegal possession of deer and ordered to pay fines of $6,400 plus costs.

Those charges against Baker were discovered when Pennsylvania Game Commission wildlife officers conducted a deer biology data inspection of his Hopewell Township business on Nov. 29, and were not part of a larger ongoing investigation that recently was concluded.   Due to missing carcass tags, several deer stored at the butcher shop appeared to have questionable ownership.   At the hearing, Game Commission plainclothes investigators revealed that Baker had later approached them to provide tags for the above-mentioned deer found on his property.

In December of 2000, information received by the Game Commission regarding possible illegal activities prompted an investigation by the agency's Special Investigations Division into Baker's meat processing business. 

"It was not the intent of our Special Investigations Division to become involved in a multi-year surveillance on this suspect," said Greg Houghton, Assistant Director of the Bureau of Law Enforcement for the Game Commission.  "However, once the inquiry began, the excessive and continuous violations at his business involving Baker and his acquaintances quickly expanded into other areas and at least one other business.  This required the investigation to last as long as it did."

Due to the lengthy amount of time it took to properly complete their investigation, Game Commission officers witnessed vast numbers of instances of illegal taking of various species of wildlife plus other major infractions.

The large-scale violations included deer and protected birds, as well as infractions of the state Fish and Boat Code.  On March 17, District Wildlife Conservation Officer Richard Danley Jr. filed before District Judge Wilt an additional 117 citations on Baker and others implicated in violations during the investigation.  Those charged were:

Adam F. Baker; 38, of James Creek, PA; 3 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 1 count of tagging and reporting big game kills.

Matthew Ronald Baker; 40, of James Creek, PA; 11 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 5 counts of loaded firearms in vehicles; 4 counts of unlawful use of lights while hunting; 3 counts of buying and selling game; 3 counts of report to commission officer; 2 counts of tagging and reporting big game kills; 2 counts of Title 30 Rules and regulations; 1 count      of unlawful devices and methods.

Matthew R. Baker II; 18, of James Creek, PA; 2 counts of unlawful acts concerning licenses; 1 count of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 1 count of report to a commission officer; 1 count of unlawful sale of protected birds and plumage.

Unnamed Youth; 16, of James Creek, PA; 5 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 2 counts of tagging and reporting big game kills.

Paul W. Brinton, Jr; 58 of Saxton, PA; 1 count of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife.

Randy L. Brode; 34 of Saxton, PA; 1 count of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife.

Wilford A. Collins; 54 of Huntingdon, PA; 3 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 2 counts of unlawful acts concerning licenses; 1 count of tagging and reporting big game kills.

Waylon David Corbin; 18 of Robertsdale, PA; 3 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 2 counts of unlawful acts concerning licenses; 1 count of unlawful taking and possession of protected birds.

Harold R. Cunningham; 62 of Newry, PA; 1 count of loaded firearms in vehicles.

John J. Miller; 54 of James Creek, PA; 1 count of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 1 count of tagging and reporting big game kills.

John Kevin Miller; 25 of James Creek, PA; 3 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 2 counts of tagging and reporting big game kills; 1 count of unlawful acts concerning licenses; 1 count of shooting on or across highways; 1 count of unlawful devices and methods.

Russell Miller; 61 of James Creek, PA; 2 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 2 counts of tagging and reporting big game kills.

William J. Myers II; 34 of Robertsdale, PA; 1 count of buying and selling game.

Bradley William Sheeder; 37 of James Creek, PA; 2 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 2 counts of tagging and reporting big game kills; 1 count of unlawful acts concerning licenses; 1 count of loaded firearms in vehicles.

Unnamed Youth; 17 of James Creek, PA; 3 counts of unlawful acts concerning licenses; 2 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 1 count of tagging and reporting big game kills.

Carl Starner; 58 of Blain, PA; 3 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 2 counts of tagging and reporting big game kills; 1 count of unlawful acts concerning licenses; 1 count of retrieval and disposition of killed or wounded game or wildlife.

Richard Alan Steele; 55 of Saxton, PA; 2 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife.

Mark B. Taylor; 37 of Saxton, PA; 1 count of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 1 count of unlawful acts concerning licenses; 1 count of shooting on or across highways.

Robert D. Troy; 34 of Saxton, PA; 2 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife.

Matthew Jordan Wilkins; 18 of Saxton, PA; 1 count of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife.

Robert W. Wilkins Jr.; 49 of Saxton, PA; 1 count of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife.

Timothy Glen Zdrosky II; 28 of Dudley, PA; 4 counts of unlawful use of lights while hunting; 4 counts of Title 30 Possession and display of licenses; 3 counts of unlawful taking or possession of game or wildlife; 1 count of tagging and reporting big game kills.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: 22 People Charged with Violations of PA's Game and Wildlife Code
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »
all i can say to this is GOOD!! and the bad thing is that this is a small to medium group of people that are out there doing it.
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:58:31 AM »
It is good they are cracking down, like we don't have enough problems with the deer population already.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 05:33:39 AM »
I know the DEC is familiar with my neck of the woods, every year you hear of people getting busted for poaching, I know someone who lost his license for 5 years for poaching, and I heard from someone at a bar that he continued to hunt he just turned his back tag around so it looked like he was wearing one. I guess my point is that if someone breaks the law with poaching, its gonna take more than a court apperance and a fine to stop them from doing it again. I gurantee that there is a percentage of the names listed above will in one way or another break a conservation law, whether or not they get caught again that could be a diffrent story because they will remain in closer knit groups.
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 10:01:52 AM »
I have helped bust some professional poaching rings, and it's a long process. Know how we usually get the final icing  on them, acutally? We bust one of the ring on a lesser charge, and then the one rolls over on his  cohorts. This takes some time and "convincing", but it works. We had one interstate ring operating on our turf and picked up one of the ringleaders while he was trespassing and hunting sheds. We had him at our HQ when I walked into the room where he was being held. I asked him if the cuffs were comfortable and if he needed anything. He was cocky and smiling, thinking he was just going to receive some tickets and turned loose. You should have seen his mug when I gladly informed him we were hauling him to jail. His grin vanished and I saw a hint of panic.  :twisted: It was a Kodak moment!  ; :twisted:  ;D Anyhow, he is doing 5 1/2 years in prison and still faces federal weapons charges. His pals fared worse.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments