November 19, 2017, 05:27:43 AM

Author Topic: New Gun to Play with!  (Read 1124 times)

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
New Gun to Play with!
« on: March 31, 2006, 07:29:20 AM »
I have a 22-250 coming in the Savage 12 FV.. 26' bull with accu trigger.  It will be topped with a Burris Fullfield II in 4.5-14X42 with the ballistic plex reticle.  I already have a Savage with the accutrigger in 300wsm and I love it.  Really accurate, although not the prettiest thing I have ever seen.  One of the Burris 4.5-14 sits on my 300 Weatherby and it is a fantastic scope.  I took off a Leupold VX III and put on the Burris because I like it so much.  It will be in by the end of next week so I will let you know how it shoots. 

Morax.. Did you ever get your new varmint rifle?  This gun is comming to me for just a little over $400 and the scope for about $250.  Pretty cheep overall...especially if this one shoots as well or better than my 300wsm savage.
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: New Gun to Play with!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 09:07:15 AM »
Congrats on the new toy! :D  I got a new toy also, but I haven't had much of a chance to get out and shoot it. :-[ :'(  May try to get out this weekend and burn some powder! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 09:12:35 AM »
no not yet i ran into the ugly monster of indecision on a few options, found a couple nice ones, one "really" nice one, but wasnt really what i was lookin for, so i am checking the scene as per if if what i want pops up, or if i gotta settle for whats on hand..
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 01:21:09 PM »
Congratulations on the new toys!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
 NICE! bet ull be having alot of fun next weekend. O0

Facebook Comments