December 16, 2017, 05:36:33 PM

Author Topic: bullhead  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
bullhead
« on: April 04, 2006, 05:59:46 AM »
just last thursday the bullhead have started bighting in the Seneca River in upstate NY...in 3 days of going out just mornings around 5 am. have nailed about 30...I'm hoping for a couple of my nights off to take the step kids and fill a bucket...I love this time of year, watching the sunrise after work on the river and waiting for bites...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: bullhead
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 07:54:47 AM »
Meat Hunter I was thinking the same thing, that was until I see the weather forecast. Looks like I might get the Snowshoes back to go go bullheading.  :'(

Your right about the Sunrise, ain't nothing to match a good sunrise fishing trip, and hot coffee to warm us up on the cold morning, good luck.  O0

The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 10:20:35 AM »
Your right about the Sunrise, ain't nothing to match a good sunrise fishing trip, and hot coffee to warm us up on the cold morning, good luck.  O0

I'll agree with the sunrise on the river thing, but come on, coffee? ???

There is nothing better than a good beer buzz by 8:00 AM. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 01:50:37 PM »
Bullheads are great eating, too!  O0 I use small bullheads for flathead fishing bait,  and eat the big bullheads.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 08:53:07 PM »
Beer Buzz, the most fun you can have with your clothes on O0 O0 O0

They say alcohol kills brain cells......Yea, but only the WEAK ONES!!!!!!!!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »
Beer Buzz, the most fun you can have with your clothes on O0 O0 O0

They say alcohol kills brain cells......Yea, but only the WEAK ONES!!!!!!!!!

I see you are a believer in the "Cliff Clavin Alcohol Theory" also. O0 :twisted:
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:16:13 PM »

I'll agree with the sunrise on the river thing, but come on, coffee? ???

There is nothing better than a good beer buzz by 8:00 AM. O0

Ok let me say I meant Irish Coffee, not only gives you a buzz, but keeps you awake at the same time.
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 07:26:42 PM »
Cliff Clavin For President!!!! O0 :wink:

One more thing about a good early morning buzz while fishing is......

You don't really care if you catch anything....

And when you start the inevitable singing at oh-dark thirty....

You really believe you sound good. Of course everybody near by has blood coming out of their ears and they go running and screaming like they're in a Japanese Godzilla movie.....

It's fun to watch them too!! :wink: :wink: :roll:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:32:58 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 08:50:16 PM »
     cool sounds really fun
how do u catch them?? i live kinda near u so what works for u will most  likely work for me.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 07:59:59 AM »
Mad...I get off work anytime from 3:30 - 5 am so yes a good beer buzz is in order for the morning bullhead bite, but I only fish untill about 2 hours after sunrise for bullheads untill the catfish move into this area which may be about a month from now...then its a struggle between catfish and turkeys(which I choose to hold off on the beer untill later in the morning when the shotgun is in the trunk of the car)...but then after the May turkey hunt,,,its full blown catfishing...untill sometime after July 4th or so....then its bow sighting/shotgun sighting...Hunter220...bullheads bite on nightcrawlers, in my neck of the woods usually at night so get a lantern...the best time is just after dark, then there seems to be a break from midnight untill just before sunrise...so get out there while they are still spawning...but if its cold out right now, like it is here all of a sudden, then as soon as we get a rain above 40 degrees will get them to hit like you never fished before...all in all I think they bite for a total of a month or so...then when the little white things fly off the trees, (when it gets warmer,)thats when I find the catfish to really be biting...but throw a worm out on any body of water known for bullhead/catfish from now untill July and you'll catch one thing or another...My favorite for channel cats is raw/uncooked shrimp ...that brings in the big 3-7 pounders or sometimes bigger...I'm hopijng one of these years for a state record of 33 lbs for our channel cat record...but a man can always dream...happy bottom fishing yall...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments